1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What happened to the National Taxidermist Association

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Jim August, Jan 28, 2014.

1. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

First time since the shake up that something has been posted worth while...Lots of work to be done and accomplished in a very short period of time. The only comment I can make is when you obtain the members list make sure you get a "e mail" address. In today's time we should be cutting out the postal service on every letter, new member, old members and bills. I don't see the need for the postal service unless you have a box full of things. I don't need to talk about this as I'm sure someone is a geek.

Rich

2. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

Thanks for sharing, Antlerman!

3. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    What an effing joke this is... Long live the UTA!

4. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Ommph, there it is...

John, NO dissin' board members in public. ;)

6 months to approve minutes. You guys are living in the stone age. GO TO Meeting, $20 month with yearly script.

"Roll Call...Everyone receive the October minutes from Cindy? Are there any corrections or additions? Is there a motion to approve the minutes ? Is there a second? All those in favor of passing the minutes as printed ? All those opposed ? BANG, Minutes approved. Now send the info to the starving members .

Online in minutes, no travel, no weather to battle, no loss of pay from regular jobs. So easy a caveman could do it.

5. NO the board minutes that Antlerman posted are not six month old.

Its not my call to get them approved. That falls on higher level officers. Yea I agree things could move a bit faster. You also have to understand the fricken lawsuit has taken up a lot of time.

In a perfect world when things are simple you are right. And that is why and where we are headed. Do you not understand how past board members never stepped up to fix things and then suddenly its all on the new people to fix things immediately???? Hum if there was time to hold a meeting for several days on end then it could be repaired sooner. But these are not paid positions.

Matter of fact I did not turn in any expenses for the May meeting nor the july meeting, and I will not for the upcoming board meeting.

No ask me that question! That one question? Why do you John C not want to be reimbursed?

6. EA

EA Well-Known Member

John, Maybe someday it will fit. Learning the trade comes first.

I may have mispoke. I see those are Teleconference minutes. I thought that was a sit down, face to face meeting.. Tell me something though. If you can conduct regular business, appoint positions and vote to approve paying the CPA by teleconference, why can't you vote to approve those minutes the same way?

Just askin' not being confrontational.

PS, I'll Bite ;) Why does John C not want reimbursed?

7. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to Mitch, John and all the other board members for taking on this extremely difficult job. We need a strong and healthy NTA. I believe that everyone of these folks is doing a great service to us and the NTA by doing the jobs that they signed up for to make the NTA what is should be.

We all know that this has been a long time coming and it is going to take some time to fix it. I know several of these guys personally and have complete confidence that they are going to repair the damage that has been done and we will have an NTA that is strong, solid and stable for the future. I will support them and give them the time they need to get this done.

Thank you guys, every one of you, for taking this on and doing your best.

I'll be sending in my dues asap.

8. Last question first. Why I did not turn in expenses. THE NTA CANNOT AFFORD IT!
    Could not afford it in July and sure cant now. I believe in the possibility the NTA can be good for the industry. But until May 2013 someone else took everything.

Its just going to take time to get there. There will have to be a different direction taken.

Another person paid the CPA out of their pocket!!! With the hopes of someday getting their money back. Sometimes I see why the better people have left. but I also see that some have been ran off, some have been threatened ( I was threatened yesterday, I got news for them I dont shake, I dont quiver, bring it on!!) I have faced far worse threats than that!!

I am workign to dig up some information, yet I am also being told to stay out of it. Sorry people if I am to represent the members I will dig and dig.

I will tell you every darn time something comes up, some ones feelings get hurt. Mine is not one that gets hurt. I am called a trouble maker or someone says I am out of line, well when I was ask to be on the board I told that person There will be no holds barred I would dig until I found the problems and let the cards fall where they may!!

Hey come to the convention and hold an election. That way y'all can run it the way you want too.

If everything the board does is wrong by the bystanders ideals. Why is it at the general meetings no one,

9. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I was just curious.

Thanks for the answers.

10. I have and always will support Harry & Fred. Lets hope things turn around. I may not have a say in this, as at this time I have not decided if I am renewing my family membership.
    As Nascar would say " HAVE AT IT BOYS "

Gregg

11. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

I dont have a say and I really dont care either way the Org. is now tarnished, no matter how much polishing you do. That is evident with the current board not communicating. I thought they had the vision to help restore what was once great, but if they cant get along, then it is still a sinking ship.

My question on the harry and fred deal is this, And you can say Im stirring the pot, It is not my intention, I just dont see how they should be entitled to 60 k MAX. They only have 30 k Invested. How is that any different from what the crains did?

From the outside looking in, it appears like they saw an opportunity to gain from the downfall of the NTA. Kinda similar to insider trading on the stock market, I know this is gonna tank so I will sell so as not to loose out. Only here it seems it is Ive got the money to buy what they will need and hoard it and get my payout when its over.. If they want the NTA to succeed then make the agreement to recoup what you have in it, not make a profit.

Again just wondering, not stirring the pot!!

12. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

I'll answer that Bryan. We have over 30K in cold hard cash expensed in this so far. (Notice I didn't say invested) We have about 3000 hours INVESTED so far and it will take me ANOTHER 500-700 hours to finish this up. THEN, we have to take it to the accountant to have ALL OF IT verified AT OUR EXPENSE!!! So now, don't you think that 60K is fair to say the least??? Or is our time absolutely worth nothing not to mention our GUTS for staying and doing what we promised we would do?? What would you have done?? I'm not stirring the pot either.....

13. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

And what if you lose the case against the Crains ? Then what ? The NTA is broke and fred and harry don't get their money back ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

14. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

I'm not saying either way what to do, but in today's legal world nothing is a guarantee.....just ask O.J. Simpson...lol

15. Harry Whitehead

Beavers, the NTA is already broke. I'm not going to get on here and argue a point that is a no brainer. I am being PATIENT until the NTA gets done with this current law suit. If you don't understand what is going on then that is your problem. I don't have time to explain something that has been hashed out time after time and still we have the same result, you don't understand. Isn't that the definition of insanity??

16. bmdakk

Harry, All due respect, I see the point, guess Ill go hook up the snow plow to the truck and use MY time To Help out my neighbors and clear the roads around here, use My gas , And MY salt and Do the states job and then send them a bill and see if My time is worth it. Carry On!!!!

Tim I guess thats where I get confused, "If the NTA doesn't ride with Fred and Harry then They proceed alone and any judgement they win is ALL theirs." How does that work? How can fred and Harry sue for "crimes" not commited against them?

The way I read it is Harry and Fred have proof of embezzlement from tha NTA ( Not from Harry or Fred), by the crains. so if the NTA doesnt sue then the crains whether H&F help or not are basically letting the crains get away with it, so H&F decide they will do it on their own and collect any winnings, How does that work? H&F are Not the NTA, That money is not theirs. I understand they have a vested interest in the outcome of any suit, But I would think it would be limited to what Proof of their expenses they can show.

ie.. They have proof they spent $35000 , they should get that back, but if awarded 120k they get to keep that too??? what will they do with the excess? give it back to the NTA?, Dont see that happening if the NTA didnt want to proceed to begin with. so in turn they keep it. woohoo hell of a windfall!

17. EA

EA Well-Known Member

This may have been covered in the past so please forgive me if it has.. Was there any bond in place covering anyone with access to funds?

18. Harry Whitehead

19. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

Sounds fair to me! I would very much like to see the NTA recoup as much as they possibly can from the Crains. I think joining Fred and Harry to accomplish that task would be a wise move especially since they plan to go ahead with it anyway and the NTA doesn't have all of the evidence that they do. If the offer is refused we'd be leaving potential money on the table. We aren't in a position to let a single penny fall through the cracks, we need everything we can get. Harry and Fred get a return on their investments and the NTA gets a return on stolen assets. Seems to be about as win-win as one could hope for....

20. bmdakk