1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Who's Who in the Taxidermy World??

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by JonHarleTX, Oct 9, 2006.

1. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

Far to often I find myself at a show or seminar when some other taxidermist comes up and knows exactly who I am and I am just standing there trying to be polite while this person talks as if he has known me for years.. Truth be told, they may have read posts by me for the past several years and I myself have absolutely NO clue as to who they are. It's a tad embarrassing and unnerving at times..

SO...

I thought it would be nice since we have photo posting ability if we could put names with faces. I know a lot of you guys and gals from the show circuit, but we have almost 2200 members here and I don't think I have ever been to a show that had more than a few hundred people present.

Also, with all the name calling and finger pointing going on lately, maybe it will be a reminder that there are REAL people behind the screen names..

I'll start and if anyone laughs.. I'll beat you up when I get to meet you.

[​IMG]

Yeah I play the clarinet!

[​IMG]

these were taken the other night at our homecoming football game and the alumni band people got together to play.. I think the chick sittin next to me farted or something and it made the bleacher vibrate.. I cant think of any other reason I would have such a smile on my face..

So come on now.. I have totally humiliated myself.. so it's someone else's turn now!

This could be fun!
    Jon~

2. OK Jon...I think your right...this could be fun and could also expose the "other side" (or two) of some of us! I could think of some more humiliating photos than one these of course, for example, I have pictures of myself in a disdasha and a keffiyeh. I chose these, however, so that you could see the sometimes overly competitive nature of youth sports and where exactly I fit into it. I coached for a few years...travel ball, Dixie and Little league fastpitch. This particular tournament was out first travelball tournament ever and the girls were 12 at the time...they are 17 now...thats one of my 3 at my feet with the Bulldog headwarmer...it was January and 30 degrees that day. I am in the blue sweatshirt and red hat doing all the yelling.

OK...next!!!
    HMM...the pic is a little distorted...some of them have flat noses! (or was I too competitive?!)

3. JonHarleTX

74 views and only one other post...wow...we're a bunch of fuddy duds aren't we

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Ok, the farting in the bleachers made me spit on my keyboard! Good stuff guys.

5. Yeah me too! I lost it again when I saw the ladys "trombone halo" and realized that that is probably what made her do it! Looks like she's being sucked up like a loose curly hair in the carpet. Probably sucked the fart right out of her!

Lord...I apologize...and please be with the starving pygmies down in New Guinea. ;D

My wifes gonna kill me for writing that.

6. See Jon...even the two ladies to her right and the guy to your left are affected by this...fess up bud...who really cut the cheese!

7. JonHarleTX

i plead the 5th

8. JonHarleTX

GAWD...If she only knew that we're talking about here farting and being sucked up by a trombone.. she'd role over and die... She's a librarian at the Library of Congress in Wa DC and flew home just for this event.. I wont mention her name, but it shows up on CNN quite often.

all these dr and lawyers and the lonley taxidermist is the only one with a smile on his face.. how sad is that ?

Jon

9. Im sure she would be a good sport about it...wouldnt she?

10. JonHarleTX

yeah she would.. J~

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Re: Only because Ken did, so will I

my first blue in the novice, two years ago, I was shocked, my first comp also.

[​IMG]

12. The Taxidermologist

The Taxidermologist New Member

Quote from Jon -" I thought it would be nice since we have photo posting ability if we could put names with faces". While there is the ability to post pictures, some of us still haven't figured out how to use digital cameras or how to post pictures (without help from very friendly administrators). The picture on this post (assuming there is one again), was placed there by Mr. Edwards who borrowed it from an on-line slide show a local paper did this year concerning the Temporary Taxidermy Exhibit we had here. The slide show also has my voice, so should I set foot in a taxidermy association meeting, they can not only look for me, but if I wear a costume, can hear my voice. That way they know who to punch in the face. (I'll have to disguise my voice also).

slide show http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06141/691435-42.stm
    article http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06141/691317-42.stm

13. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Jon, I understand what you were saying, but you do realize, of course, that SOME OF US (Bill Yox, Ken Edwards, Rick Carter,Ken Walker, Frank Sekula, Amy, Nancy, I, and a few others) have been using OUR PICTURES on our avatars all along.

14. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

I used a picture of George for the first couple of day's myself and then I found the one have now! ;D

15. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Ok, I give. Here is my ugly mug. This shot was taken at an All-Day Fish Workshop, I presented to the Texas Taxidermy Association. I always enjoy my buddies to the south. They are a great bunch of guys and gals.

16. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

George.... I have been using my picture as my avatar, too! Can't you tell? ??? Hehehe... okay let me get my digi cam, and get ya'll a new photo... seeing as the only one on my hard drive is like 2 years old!

[​IMG]

I gotta get someone other than my annoying little bro to take photos for me... he's good don't get me wrong, but man what a pest :mad:... that's why the not so sweet smile. ;) Howl at ya'll later!

17. You see now the problem here is that those are all nice pictures of you guys! Jon posted a less than glamorous picture of himself tootin on a clarinet and passin wind and I have exposed myself as a ranting raving softball zealot that cant control a bunch of 12 year old girls!
    Paul...great pic buddy (nice deer by the way) but I was expecting to see you in a hospital gown totin an IV pole!

18. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

::: browses harddrive...::: Well Fishworks... I don't have any "not nice" photos, I have very few photos of me in person anyway! But, how is this? Me getting great big doggie kisses and my messy excuse of a work space, lol. But you'd never pick me out in a crowd after seeing just this pic... the other one is much better for use as an id if someone actually wanted to hunt down my hide at a convention. ;)

[​IMG]

19. Classic!

20. JonHarleTX

But George, we all know you're really not that fat and squatty as you are in your avatar...

Oh Wait, Maybe I should re-think that... :-\

hehe.. Besides you cant see anything in those.. I mean Nancy looks like she's holding a turkey or something.. Why would anyone ever want to hold a turkey?

Jon
    ~