1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Who's Who in the Taxidermy World??

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by JonHarleTX, Oct 9, 2006.

1. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I don't know what cologne Scott has been wearing lately, but I want some. It is WORKING!.

2. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I revived it! LOL

3. livbucks

I am me. You are you. There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.

4. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

It was nice to see this pop back up! Good times ;D

5. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Good work Dr frankestien!

6. I'm still a nobody! ;-)

7. livbucks

There is a special thread just for you.

8. And where might that be Greg?

9. livbucks

Why it's the "nobody" thread from long ago. I was a charter member of the "Nobodies"
    One problem...current events threads go Bye Bye after a spell in time of inactivity. You may need to start a new one.

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Rick just wanted to see Bat Guano again..... I have that photo somewhere on my hard drive, and it is somewhere in this thread.

[​IMG]

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I read some of the pages when I found it yesterday, and it sure brought back some memories. I think we are all in there somewhere, seems to me Glen got me there too, lol. Thanks Ken for archives, and thanks Rick for posting in it to bring it back to the top. Sure miss that guy...

Oddly enough, Glen reminded me a lot of a personal friend from where Im from named Roy Sanford. Roy also drew and painted, and loved horses. Roy and Glen stood the same height and even resembled each other. They shared a spot in my mind as being so similar, and sadly, I lost Roy this past year as well. I have one of Roys horse paintings that luckily survived my divorce. My regret is that I dont have one of Glens. :(

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

You know Bill, I didn't know Glen for as long and as well as many of you did........

but I got a phone call one evening from Glen, completely out of the blue. He said, Tim this is Glen Conley......I only knew Glen from seeing his post on here. He said I have an idea that I think could help both of us a little. Well, with my distant but heart felt respect, I asked Glen what he had in mind and he proceeded to tell me. I agreed to become involved with his idea and the next thing I knew Glen was ill and hospitalized. We went on the have many more phone chats and I really grew to love this man even though our faces never got to meet. Glens plan for me never got off the ground........but it was the thought that he wanted it to that has left a big hole in my heart. Much the same as when Simon Blackshaw told me; Tim...you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to doing. And a few short years later to have Simon award my work at the WTC with a blue ribbon was a dream come true. Now he too has left us and another big hole. It reminds me that we too can become someones hero. All it really takes is a word of encouragement when encouragement is often the one thing we lack the most within ourselves. Both of these men were great encouragers to us all. And showed us by their example what real humanity is. They will forever be missed in my heart. Great men. Sometimes I'm ashamed that I can't sometimes be just a little more like them. But we should all try.

13. livbucks

Yea...he was really good to me as well. I said I had a problem on a thread here once and he PM'd me and asked for my phone number. About 5 minutes later the phone rang. He made me feel like I was his favorite nephew. I know he was like that with everybody...but I still pretend that I was his favorite "nephew".

14. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

To those who spoke to him, and have had him say "Ok, hold on, lets see know, so you said..." as his brain devoured your words...NOW you see why I used to call him the mad scientist, lol.

15. tazzymoto

Look who i found lurking on my computer

Attached Files:

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Steve!!

When ever Glen called, I knew the next hour was good as done, because he always wanted to bounce things off of me, and I him. Once he was making a big batch of gravy and freezing it as we talked. He had fun on this thread, and watched his step on the rest of the site categories, as he always wanted to put his best foot forward because of his product. On the phone, he would say what he couldn't say here, about other people that rubbed him wrong, LOL.

17. tazzymoto

I think the shortest coversation i had with uncle Glen was over an hour, But i enjoyed talking with him.

18. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I was lucky enough to speak to him a few times, and able to help him by giving him measurements off several southern deer I took in for his research. Just a truly nice man, they don't make many like him and he is definitely missed. This thread is full of good memories that we can all look through from time to time to make our day better.

19. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

I just went through EVERY SINGLE PAGE. I laughed a lot. I've read lots of stuff Glen wrote on this site, how is it possible I can miss someone I never knew?