1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy school in central ca???

Discussion in 'Training' started by Dangonrob, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Dangonrob

Dangonrob Guest

Does anyone know of a taxidermy school in California? Or anywhere I can get hands on training?

2. sealow

sealow Member

What are you planning on mounting? Look into joining the association. They had some very good seminars and classes last year for members.

3. DavidsonT

DavidsonT Member

We do one on one or one on two classes.check out our website at davidsontaxidermy .com

4. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

You would be wise to not limit yourself to an area, but find the best instructor you can find. There are many schools and class givers who themselves need lessons. You can learn how to go through the steps with a DVD. Get lessons from a true pro. (Not directed at you Davidson, I do not know you or your work)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. gottahunt

gottahunt New Member

Look up the CaliforniaAssociationofTaxidermists.com or CAT get the dates and location of this years show it is I believe the second or third week of March on a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this year in Sacramento. As Cha Lo said they have a lot of seminars for all kinds of different things, fish, birds, gameheads, habitat and the list goes on. Also if you join the association I think its like around 125.00 you get into all the siminars plus you can buy a ticket to the awards dinner which they auction several one and two day seminars that are one on one with some of the best taxidermists in the state. What you learn from that point is up to you but I will be willing to bet you will definitly get the bug or figure out if it is for you. See you there!

Sean