1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

virus warning when click on forum button

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by GC24, Feb 3, 2014.

1. GC24

GC24 New Member

I am getting a virus alert when clicking on the forum button. Anyone else getting this message?

2. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Sometimes I get a security certificate warning if that is what you mean.

3. GC24

GC24 New Member

yes that is what I get also saying I have a Trojan, hacktool and ad ware. I don't click on OK to scan now as it might give you the virus ?
    I have scanned with two different virus software and haven't detected anything. People should check and make sure their firewall is turned on as some of these viruses turn them off.

4. KYTaxidermist

KYTaxidermist New Member

I've been getting this warning as well, but it's always random. Haven't had it in a while. I always ctrl alt delete and shut the window down.
    Don't ever click ok or it will probably give you the virus. Sucks, not sure who would be in charge of getting that thing off the site.

5. livbucks

The more ads they put on here the worse it gets.

6. sealow

sealow Member

Got one last night...275 total malware after that.

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

our system got infected and I had to restore to a previous point prior to the infection. It shut down my Microsoft essentials program. After I restored I downloaded Norton Anti virus 360 and have no virus's on computer

8. bulldawg

bulldawg Member

When you see something like that warning, do Not click ok to let it scan, instead use the alt key anf F4 to close the window. (hold down alt and then it F4 then release both) That will close the active window and is the safest way.

9. livbucks

I think you meant ctrl + F4.