1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wet tan

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Whitetailfreak84, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Whitetailfreak84

Whitetailfreak84 New Member

I posted this in tanning section as well , How many times can you thaw and freeze a wet tanned cape?

2. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

Until it starts to slip. Stop the time just before that happens. Seriously, it depends on so many things, that there can't be a hard and fast rule. Best plan, get it done.

3. pikes peak

pikes peak 2011 deer i mounted

I have personally have done it 4 times on a wt cape . I thawed 1st time to prep and get it ready waiting for the form .it didn't arrive , thawed cape 2nd time , the form was crap so I refroze the cape . thawed 3rd time because I wanted to be ready to mount hoping the form was ok this time. customer changed his mind lol . bought a new form that customer wanted and yes I charged him for it . thawed 4th time and mounted it . no slippage at all looked good when done . but as I see above there was some wise wisdom . not helpful , but get er done. a side note , I could of fixed the form , but why ? McKenzie is trying to corner the market and raise the prices way to high . so I said let them resend it at there cost . HOLY crap . I'm not a guest any more . I'm a new member . I'm home I'm home . ( not )

4. AJH

AJH Member

I have done 3-4 times myself also.

5. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Same here, 3-4 times, I also make sure it's in refridge when thawed and not actively handling it