1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone else get this catalog?????????????

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Mason, Feb 4, 2014.

1. wctaxidermy1

wctaxidermy1 Member

If you hung one of those next to a 6900 or a Meder or any of the other quality forms out there I think even Ray Charles could spot the difference. Raise your prices then you don't have to worry about saving $20.

2. But you are not dealing with ray Charles, you are dealing with a customer who is price shopping. I see a lot of problems with the wholesale forms..... The anatomy is kind of wild. Then people will whine about Second to Nature forms and the look they have.

ITs a building at the airport. Formerly the Grosso Aviation.

3. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Nah...they (Research) are a proven good company simply promoting a newer product, its a sale. Thats good business. Apples and oranges.

4. Bill Yox

Oh Brian haha, no need, me and Beckster are good. I only used her words for my example. Cant have it both ways though, so I will stand by what I say. And to those who want more pocket money/profits? Charge more. You know Im right, but remember, I dont make the rules, economists do...and customers...

5. Well if these forms were the same price as the rest of the forms on the market right now, would you still buy them? Probably not. So why take the cheap way out and save only 15-25 bucks and put out an inferior product?

6. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Have to ask this, who's form are the "BEST". Many on here hate the Meder forms, a big rant on the 6900's good and bad, over muscled Chase forms, forms with air holes and misaligned features, short necks, long necks, wide heads, etc. etc.. Does paying the most for a product make it the best? I rarely if ever see someone on here post a pic of a deer they mounted on a form you just mentioned Bill, except recently.
    As stated many times, a form is just a base for your work, it will never produce quality work or a blue ribbon on its own.

7. Bill Yox

Paul, if you are referring to me mentioning research? I didnt bring them up specifically, I was just answering someone trying to compare a research sale as being a cheaply priced form as comparison to this other new (or not new) form priced cheaply. For the record, I only said that Research is a very reputable company we all know, that had a promotion sale, not to be compared to an unknown, un named catolog company with cheap priced forms. I hope that clarifies a bit.

For the record, Ive seen pics in here of most of the major forms, some done very well, some, not so well. We are artists for sure.

8. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I understand Bill and the comparison you were making. But I think you and I and others that have been around on here know who's forms they are. Why hiding their name, don't know. Tas/Was wango tango maybe, could be wrong but...

9. Bill Yox

Ah ok, now I see what youre saying...see I never mentioned THEM, so thats why I might have read you wrong. Ooops. Actually, if you read back, i think some people did say they thought it was Dan. I have to play the damn fence sometimes. My original point was regardless of who the name was. I understand you better now though. Perhaps nobody wants to say the name for sure, as the owner of the catalog wouldnt even say?

10. I still don't get your logic. If you buy a cheaper form regardless of who's name is on it and it works for you, I would call that good business.

11. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Who cares what others think if they fit your needs, use them. Why the hell do we care what forms others are or aren't using?

12. Mason

Mason Active Member

Yes, All you folks have good points, some I don't get but that is cool.
    I didn't mean to cause such a stir :p
    With my original post I was wondering if others got the catalog and wondered what they thought of a company sending it out with no info, and expecting folks to share their credit card info with them.
    I'd be terrified to do so, the way P O S are just dying to find a new way to scam folks.

13. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Yay! I got mine in the mail this morning. I was beginning to feel left out..... ;D

14. Bill Yox

You cant see the difference between a unnamed company printing a catalog to sell cut rate priced forms, and an established respected company offering an introductory sale price on a new item?

15. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

A Rinehart Company by any other name, or no name, is still a Rinehart Company. They must think we are totally stupid. There it is again. In less than 48 hours someone thinks I'm stupid......LOL OK.

16. I'm not buying from them for other reasons than people suspect it is a Rinehart Company, but they do have a name ,"Wholesale Taxidermy Warehouse" no different than Mattress Warehouse or Wholesale Liquor Warehouse,or Discount Tires.They have the right to sale their stuff like anyone else and people are bashing their manikins without trying them. Get over the hate guys, you might feel better.

17. Bill Yox

I certainly have no problem with you quoting me and commenting, but you might as well quote my original comment, which had nothing to do with who owned the forms...

18. Bill, Taxidermist will bitch and customers will price shop no matter how much you pay for a manikin.....

19. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

A block of foam is a block of foam........right???? LOL ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

20. Bill Yox

Good point kb, Im thinking my point was based on irony, not bitch prevention, lol. Carry on, folks, Im about out of explanations here.