1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need some help on what's legal to sell bone wise

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by longnthetooth47, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Hello I'm from ohio and a long time member of the site, but not a big buyer or seller, but desperate times call for desperate measures and I need to sell a few things but I'm not sure what's legal to sell and what's not. I'm looking to sell my grey wolf skull, cougar skull, javalina skull, vervet monkey skull and a badger species skull( not American badger). Can anyone help me out?

2. Dczymmek

Dczymmek New Member

All of this are legal except for possibly the monkey. I would be interested to purchase a few- shoot me an email with your prices

3. bone-a-holic138

bone-a-holic138 New Member

i own a variety of monkey skulls and the vervet is legal to own and sell but I would recommend not selling out of the usa

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Ditto, do not sell out of the USA for any of them. Don't sell anything to anyone in California. Check the laws for the cougar in the state where your buyer is. You need to do this, not them. I believe some states still have issues with ownership of them.

5. kemmer

kemmer New Member

This page has a pretty good breakdown of what's legal in different states. Stick to the US, use the page as a starting point. There are probably other applicable laws, so to be absolutely certain it couldn't hurt to contact a game warden in your state to be sure and encourage buyers to do the same.

http://www.thegreenwolf.com/partslaws.html

6. btr

btr Member

Post pictures and prices for us!

7. Thanks for sharing kemmer, very helpful information. I like how Missouri says n/a.