1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for a specific needle

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jbconnected, Feb 6, 2014.

1. jbconnected

jbconnected Member

A while back I bought some needles that I like. They are described in the Havel's website as Post Mortem Needles Loopuyts Double Curve Cutting Edge - Style 150. I liked the size 3 which Havels does not carry & I can't find where I bought them. It seems like I bought some kind of needles from someone here. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what they look like.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Every time I order the 'small' one from Havel's--they only send the 'big' one. McKenzie does carry the 'smaller' of the two that you show, but not sure about a size 3? I'm assuming that the #3 is smaller than the two you are showing? Never even seen one smaller than the #2 you are showing.

3. Bill LaCoe

Bill LaCoe New Member

OTS in current catalog, pg.21.

4. jbconnected

jbconnected Member

Thanks for the replies. Yes the size 3 is smaller than the others. I guess because it is smaller it penetrates the deer hide easier than the #2. I started using my #2 when I ran out of #3 & I can tell the difference.

OTS only shows sizes 1 & 2 on the website. I don't have a catalog, so I will have to call them.

5. Maybe these? Except they are "style" #3.

http://www.mckenziesp.com/1503-P13952.aspx

6. jbconnected

jbconnected Member

That is it. Thanks.