1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish Taxidermy Schools in Montana

Discussion in 'Training' started by sparkyf, Oct 9, 2006.

1. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Hi gang! Just found this forum tonight and joined. My question is -How do you know if the school you are thinkiing of attending is reputable? I really only want to concentrate on fish, but most schools only offer a fish/bird class. The only school I have found that will let me specialize in fish is the PRO MOUNT SCHOOL OF TAXIDERMY in Billings, mt. They do offer other classes, but I'm only interested in fish.(for now) Anybody heard of this school and know how good it is?? Any advice would be appreciated. Sparkyf

2. Trina

Trina Guest

Welcome!!! I just googled taxidermy schools, and checked out what courses they provide. I found quite a few that offer 1 & 2 week fish classes.

3. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

In Montana you should talk to Steve at A.R.T. I am not sure what he offers but he should be able to steer you in the right direction. If you are looking outside Montana The Academy of Wildlife Art in Duncansville, PA offers fish only instruction. You can look check the website www.discovertaxidermy.com
    These are 2 of the 4 fish that I did as demo's. Each student completes a wall mount bass and rainbow as well as a commercial replica. They also mold and cast a bluegill replica and finish it two sided. As was previously posted there are numerous individuals and schools that offer fish only training. They are listed under learning taxidermy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Trina

Trina Guest

5. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Thanks for the quick responses! I'll keep researching. Yes, definately looking in MT as I am in eastern mt.Sparkyf

6. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Hey! Steve at ART it is!! I'm jacked to go! Will post some pics of the first mounts in a few months for a little constructive criticism! Thanks. Sparkyf

7. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Oh yeah- I'll be away for a week as I have to catch a flight to Denver to watch my Raiders get their asses kicked on Sunday night. First Pro football game! Hope the beer is cold in Colorado! Sparkyf