1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

need help with 1st time coyote mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by henderson6989, Feb 7, 2014.

1. henderson6989

henderson6989 New Member

i ordered a case skinned green coyote hide.
    I received it and noticed everything was skinned good except for the bones and tendons etc were left in the paws
    How do i remove these to do a full body mount i dont want to ruin the hide before i get some advice form you guys here thanks all

2. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

You should skin down to the first knuckle or claw. Cut it off there. Make sure the foot pad and toe pads are fleshed good and you should be good to go.

3. henderson6989

henderson6989 New Member

thanks for the help appreciate it

4. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Make sure you get it all fleshed as Richbo said. My question for you is "have you mounted a case skinned animal on a form before?" It can be done, but it is definitely not the easiest thing to do and I would not recommend someone do their first mount that way. Maybe you have done others and have a good idea of how to cut the form into different pieces and reattach them after inserting them inside the skin. I do a lot of yotes and rarely do I use a case skinned hide. Its just too difficult for me.