1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cutest Customer

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by DL, Feb 7, 2014.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had t
    A dad come in with three kids. The two boys had been on there first youth duck hunt and had ducks to mount. The littlest one was a little five year old girl. She said "do you know what I want to be when I Grow up"? I knelt down and asked here what she wanted to be. She said "I want to be a hunter". I said good for you. One of the boys has been collecting skulls the dad said. I said hold on I have a skull for you. A customer had me clean a skull and then moved. So it has a proud new owner. His eyes were big as saucers when I gave it to him. Love having kids come in with all there questions. I'm prepping a new generation for some future taxidermists business.

2. That's great DL, I also enjoy when kids bring their first animal they have harvested, I usually move them to the front of the line:) I have a bunch of those artificial Bear claws that I have stained and the little ones love to take them home.

3. rodlrock

rodlrock Mold Maker HQ Taxidermy Supply.

You guys are awesome!

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Way to go!

5. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

I keep candies and crackers for the little ones (occupies their mouths, they don't talk as much!) in a drawer in my desk, and a few cheapie small pocket knives for the occasional older kid.

6. clewis

clewis New Member

Here is another idea - when a mom or dad or both bring their child in with his/her first trophy. I ask if the young person gets an allowance - although some say "what's that" most say no. When I ask if the young person does "chores" around the house, the answer is frequently no with numerous reasons. So, I offer them this deal; The parent pays a cash deposit and then agree to keep a time sheet for the young person - for each hour of work for mom or dad (chores) they get $10 credit toward the remaining price of the mount. In most cases it takes 20 hours of work to pay off the remaining amount. Mom or Dad have to sign off. When the mount is complete they bring the time sheet in with the hours worked and they get the mount. The parents really like it and the young person feels he/she has paid for the mount and maybe started a little work ethic idea along the way - a win win deal in my view.

7. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Great Idea Craig.

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Member

Nicely done, Craig!