1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Critique Me !

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Whitetailfreak84, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Whitetailfreak84

Whitetailfreak84 New Member

I only have a few mounts under my belt . I have a hard time with ear butts , seems like I get just a tad to much clay or just not enough. I see a lot of my own flaws that I need to work on . So lets hear it ...... Have at it guys ;D

Attached Files:

2. Whitetailfreak84

Sorry I don't have a lot of pics , that's all I had and just wanted some advice before I start another mount . Thanks to all that reply and share.

3. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Hard to tell some things because of the shadow and you can't see some things like the brisket, but for only having a few mount under your belt, it sure looks good.

4. Whitetailfreak84

Forgot a couple......

Attached Files:

5. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

It looks like you have whites showing in the back of both eyes. That will make the buck look cross eyed. Can't see much of the ear butts because there is a shadow covering that picture. Looks pretty good from what I can see though.

6. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Push the ear butts up just a bit.

7. Turn the top of the ears forward Think of it, if it rains turn them so rain can't funnel into them. Common mistake for beginners. Nice nose pad. Make a straight line across from the bottom and top of the ear and make the but that wide. If you do that to the top of the but it would not look like you would have to push them up. Nice job overall for only a couple heads under your belt.

8. Whitetailfreak84

Thanks for all the advice. I knew the ears were a tad low . It seems like I get a better understanding of what I need to work on and learn something new with everyone I do.