1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The UTA at the Western Regional Taxidermy Competition

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by gtout, Feb 12, 2014.

1. gtout

gtout Member

The United Taxidermist Association was pleased to accept the invitation of the Utah Taxidermist Association, host of the Western Regional Taxidermy Competition, in Salt Lake City, Utah. This opportunity to share information about the UTA with the taxidermists in attendance, meet old friends and make new ones was not to be missed. In addition, the UTA is pleased to give the Artisan Award at this show.

As of today, with mounts still being received, it looks as if this show will be a total success. Congratulations to the UTA, Utah Taxidermy Association, from the UTA, the United Taxidermist Association!

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Utah is an awesome show. Wish I was there.

3. Instructor

Instructor Member

x2

4. gtout

gtout Member

Western Regional Report from Salt Lake City…….over 300 entries!! Great Job Utah!

5. sgsmith

sgsmith Member

Drove up to SLC yesterday, chased around city today picking up a few supplies from Tru-Fitt and a few other things, going to take my sweetheart out to dinner tonite , and going to the show tomorrow.

6. quest

quest Member

Utah
    That was a good show! Joe Meder was tough but not as tough as Manny lol. I got the flu the day I got there and was in bed for a day but I made it to most of the seminars. I think 2016 its going to be held in Wyoming? Maybe we can get some people from back east to come. I wish Tom Wickham could have made it.

7. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Any Results anyone?

8. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Nothing yet.

9. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

We were there...Parking and access to the show was absolutely impossible. Banquet tickets were $40 each which tops the cost any show banquet I've been to EVER (we bought 3 either way). Mounts had to be checked in by WEDNESDAY at 4pm, and couldn't be removed until 4pm on Sunday. Glad we weren't staying in a hotel :eek:

The judging seemed tough but fair. Manny, mi amigo, I'm glad you weren't judging...as it was, Jeff beat me up like a red-headed step-child on my two rattlers in the Master's (deservedly so, I must say)..we all know he knows his stuff. Scott Humble's Bull snake was simply fantastic, as were the other 47 mounts he brought...the guy is amazing.

The show had a ton of really excellent pieces, and the seminars I attended were top-notch. I was born and raised in Salt Lake, but this was my first show there. We will be back if the UTA can change the venue to someplace more accessible and get the costs down...the Salt Palace sux for our purposes IMHO.

10. Instructor

Instructor Member

Roberto,Mi Amigo,I wish I could have been there but I just had Rotator Cuff Surgery!(Bummer).However I know your Stuff is also Top Notch!Hope to see you and Maria this summer somewhere.Take care.Yes, Scott is a great all around Taxidermist.I had the privelidge to judge his stuff last year.Utah puts on a 1st class show!!