1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nutria rat

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by bugsandbones1, Feb 12, 2014.

1. bugsandbones1

bugsandbones1 New Member

I have 4500 acres where I live... I trap nutria and gators for the fun of it during season. Just curious if anyone might be interested in some nutria skulls by any chance

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I might be interested in a couple. Especially if they were raw heads. Would make good comparisons to the native beaver.

3. mlo31351270

mlo31351270 New Member

I might be interested too.

4. AH7

AH7 New Member

They get listed in the for sale section all of the time and the going rate seems to be REALLY low (~$2-$3 a head). I'd be interested in one or two, but I worry that it just isn't worth your time to get them!

5. bugsandbones1

bugsandbones1 New Member

Nutria are a bounty here. I kill 2-3000 a year typically. I will save all heads that aren't damaged and sort them out and see how many and what I have and post pics. Thanks

6. AH7

AH7 New Member

That's a lot of rats! How do you catch them?

7. bugsandbones1

bugsandbones1 New Member

.22 ride around and shoot them... The ones I body shoot I'll save all the heads. The head shots I'll just cut the tail off and sell tails to the state . Got 40 this afternoon

8. Bones N Beasts

Bones N Beasts New Member

Sounds fun I wanna go

9. bugsandbones1

bugsandbones1 New Member

Come to louisiana lol

10. AH7

AH7 New Member

I grew up in NYC. That hunting sounds like the craziest fun I've ever heard of! Ain't nothin like that in Manhattan!

11. bugsandbones1

bugsandbones1 New Member

I have 4 guys in D.C. That come down every year to do it for a weekend

12. bugsandbones1

bugsandbones1 New Member

Killed 200... Kept 25 large perfect heads ... Will skin tomorrow and put in for sale section... If u want any pm me.. They are skinned. Will get shipping quote and see how many I can fit in flat rate box when post office opens.Thanks for looking and send me a message if u want pics

13. bugsandbones1

bugsandbones1 New Member

Pictures of skinned heads I will sale

Attached Files:

14. bugsandbones1

bugsandbones1 New Member

Just posted in for sale section

15. Their skulls are freaky. They look nothing like a Beaver. I think I paid $5 each for some raw ones a while back, I bet you could get that price.

16. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Seller is great to deal with. Skulls would make a great comparison with a beaver.

Teeth are orange, not black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]