1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wire wheels

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by garlicsalt, Feb 14, 2014.

1. garlicsalt

garlicsalt Member

hi all, new around these parts. i am trying to put together a bird fleshing machine with a 1/4inch arbor. where are you all getting your wire wheels? thanks a lot.

2. I just ordered from Grainger for my motor and my wire wheel.

3. My arbor is much larger, 5/8" I believe. Get my wheels from Amazon. I run 2 on an arbor most of the time.

4. This is with my single 4" wire wheel. When I run 2 wheels they are 3".[​IMG]

5. garlicsalt

garlicsalt Member

thanks stewartdco and marshmonster for the replys. hey monster what kind of material is that you housed your wheel in? looks like it makes for easy clean up. thanks again guys.

6. It's a plastic bin with a locking top. Very easy to clean and I like that light comes thru and I'm not fleshing in a cave. I usually clean it after every bird but sometimes just put the top on it seal it up and start again in the morning. [​IMG][​IMG]

7. [​IMG][​IMG]

8. DZach

DZach Member

Nice flesher! I like seeing what all these innovative thinkers are able to build. Good job!!!

9. garlicsalt

garlicsalt Member

wow monster. thats a great idea i am all over it. thank you

10. My husband was going to build me one of these. What is the recommended rpm or doesn't it matter? Great idea with the bin, by the way.

11. garlicsalt

garlicsalt Member

i am new jen but from what i have read its 1550ish rpm. good luck have fun.

12. My motor is a fairly heavy duty fan motor for something like a furnace. It's 1/4 hp and runs at 1725 rpm and is reversible. Got it online for $30. With a ceiling fan rated dimmer switch for your on/off you can dial it down to a very slow rpm. If I were to guess I'd say I'm running between 1200 and 1500 most of the time. I'm right handed so I run my wheel counter clockwise.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire