1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

TERF-when was the last payout?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Feb 15, 2014.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Why the NTA floats with accusations I will jump into the water and tread water with a question & then swim to shore......I know of many Taxidermy shops that have burned or been devastated in 2013........when is the last time a claim has been paid from the fundraising efforts of this industry? Another question, if your state does not require a taxidermy license are you still eligible because you are not a 'licensed' taxidermy operation.

Furthermore, if you have insurance, are you still eligible, or are you denied because some feel you are covered? What is on paper? Are rules set or made up as a committee goes along?

Who has received funds over the last year? And if none have, why not? No bull crap about re-organization......it's a committee. They were not disrupted through the process.

When is the LAST TIME a check has been sent out......if applied for, what are the reason for denials.

PS-I have big damn shoulders, I hope you make me look like a fool for asking this question & it (the fund) can be rejuvenated......as Steve Favour & myself use to have fun doing with it.......... so when was the last check cut & who was denied?

Mitch Webb?

2. 3 weeks ago.

3. michael p.

Who's been denied? It's our money in there, answer the questions please sir.

4. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Michael, only because of my personal involvement with the situation of Jon Van Nest in New York state this past September, the man lost everything imaginable, but yet was ultimately blessed by not suffering the additional loss of loved ones. There was no possible way for Jon to communicate with anyone during his emergency, yet Mike Oropallo had offered to be his legal liaison between TERF and Jon. Still, even that did not meet the antiquated TERF requirements that almost seem to deter assistance rather than to enable it. To my knowledge, Jon Van Nest has not yet received a check for his dire emergency needs from TERF. Reason being that he did not personally fulfill his burden of proof. You may recall reading in a previous post last month were a local gun club just gave a fund raising dinner to help Jon rebuild his professional taxidermy studio, which by the way I personally visited with Mike several times in the past long before the fire consumed everything.
    Thanks for caring Michael, and thanks also to everyone who made TERF what it is today.

5. MP you will have to call the TERF committee to find out who has been paid. It is up to the committee to release that info. Jim Ellis & Mel Kinchloe are the two people to talk to.

6. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    As is Ms. Marylou Crabtree. She is also a TERF committee person.

7. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I don't know who was the most recent recipient of TERF assistance but I know that Alden Johnson received a check from them not long ago, shortly after his shop burned, and that he was deeply touched and grateful for the help. (They still don't know who the arsonist was but there have been some additional clues in the last few weeks. 'Fingers still crossed that they catch the SOB!)

8. michael p.

Like I said, I HOPE this post makes me look dumb for even asking.... on the other hand..... it sure would be nice to not have to even ask it because it would be publicly broadcast.

This is not a situation where somebody is quietly donating money to help, this is a situation where all venues to broadcast the good it's doing should be used so people see their donations at work and it inspires others to give.

I really just shake my head at the PR commitment people sitting on the committee use.

9. CJN

CJN Member

So Mike did you call any members on the commitee and get your answer?

10. michael p.

Nope! They should be telling and promoting what they are doing, not having to have members call and ask if they're doing anything.

I'm VP of a local non prof and we ANNOUNCE what we are doing with members generous donations and use social media to SHOW THEM!! Raised $11,000 in January to start remodeling the community center dining hall by doing so!

In the last 6 months we've gotten over $65,000 in donations and we are a community that consists of 400 people. Raising money is damn easy if people feel you are doing the right thing and you show them you are.

11. bailey-outdoors

bailey-outdoors New Member

not famillar with terf michael could you tell me what it is all about ? Thanks

Sent from my VS920 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

12. I dont believe it is the policy to jump up and down and brag about helping with the TERF fund.

13. Do they have a Web page of some sort to post this information on line ? If not, why not?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. michael p.

Well then maybe you need a policy change so people see it's working and are shown frigging results!!

Really?! Who the [expletive deleted] said anything about jumping? How about a simple.....

'Thank you Taxidermist's and contributors to the industry's #1 disaster financial assistance fund TERF! TERF is a fund created years ago to help Taxidermists in dire straits due to catostraphic events such as flood, fire, tornadoes, hurricanes & other devastating tragedies!

In 2013 due you YOUR generous donations TERF was able to assist 16 Taxidermists to the tune of $32,000!! As you know, this does not even start to replace the cost of what these Taxidermist's lost due to their business loss, but it gave them the much needed assistance to start rebuilding and cover simple costs while waiting for insurance and other coverages to kick in.

In 2014 we plan to.........'

Don't even be condescending to me with your remark about jumping up and down Creager, it is my job to help numerous non profits raise money..... MONEY WILL NOT BE RAISED WHEN RESULTS AND INFORMATION ARE MUTED. Charity fund raising is based 90% on emotion & 10% on need while other protections such as insurance are based 90% on need and 10% on emotion. You show neither a need.... nor an emotion.

I swear I read these excuses and just shake my ------- head. You better brag you're helping people or how else will people get excited to be part of the movement.

I guess your answer shows the attitude that will continue forward. Good luck..... you will need it..... and a lot of miracles.

15. Michael, take it up with the TERF Committee. I am not on that committee, you once again are barking up the wrong tree. YOU have to talk to that committee!!!!!!!

16. michael p.

Gotcha John and I do apologize for shooting the messenger.