1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Good Snake - Dead snake

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Timber Rattler, Jun 14, 2007.

1. kjs92681

kjs92681 Yall com back na, ya hea !

we getem big here is southeast louisiana, here is a site with a few pics

http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/average/608/snake.html

2. Cool site kjs

3. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Agkistrodon piscivorus
    According to wikipedia, cottonmouth and water moccasin are the same, and is closely related to the copperhead.

4. whos side you on anyway.

5. Becky P

Well, I always thought they were two seperate species. We always called the darker ones water moccisans and the lighter colored ones cottonmouths. After reading that, I see there is a great variance in their color range. A lot of harmless water snakes are killed because of mistaken identity too.

6. Yeah thats me we always called them as two different snakes. I got bit on the hand by a cotton mouth and that was the worst pain I have ever endured. Been bit three times cotton mouth and twice by the ol diamond back. Sons a b$%@hes.

7. Becky P

OUCH. So quit playing with them ;)

8. I don't play with them I just like to catch them. The cotton mouth it was dark and I thought it was a peice of 6" pipe and reached down to grab it.

9. Becky P

In my book, "catching" and "playing with" a snake is the same. LOL

10. AndyH

AndyH New Member

TR, Couldn't you mount the snake with a repro head? It looks like it would be a nice big mount!

11. kjs92681

kjs92681 Yall com back na, ya hea !

i catch them all the time, thats why i knew the difference, i had a 6ft rattle snake for 4 years, cotton mouths , ill have to post the pics of them, i also had a 79lb alligator snapper but i lost him in katrina.

12. I have not thought about a repro head, guess I did not think they made them. I will look around.
    Thanks for the idea.
    TR