1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Just wanted to share my experience with new Tannery....

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bucksmith, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Bucksmith

Bucksmith Member

**Deleted**

2. Contact information?

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Now poor Bart is going to have 100 boxes of salted hides show up in one day from all over.

4. Contact info would be great! I'd be interested in sending them a few.

5. X4

6. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Does he offer flesh and turn?

7. Bucksmith

Bucksmith Member

Fellas....

Some made a good point... Let me check with him and make sure he is ok with me putting his info out there. I dont want to flood him with calls and boxes if maybe hes not looking for any new business. Some might frown upon doing something like that.....ill double check with him and then post info.

@greg- Yes I sent them frozen green.

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Good ole taxidermists. Loose lips sink ships. Here's a guy doing small batches of quality work that Ron found. Then he shared the info with a blabbermouth. Suddenly the guy is inundated with work, has to hire 20 illegal aliens to keep up and suddenly the quality goes down the crapper. And the some numbnuts will post on here that you shouldn't use him because the quality of his work isn't what it used to be. DUH! Go figure. You guys should be in GEICO commercials.

9. livbucks

If people send him unsolicited packages, he can throw them in the trash if he wants. Who would send stuff without calling first?

10. gab

gab Active Member

I send thousands of hides to tanneries without calling first.i also don't call Walmart when I'm going to buy something there.it's what they do.

11. livbucks

Sure if you have an ongoing relationship you would. This is a small timer from what I hear.

12. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Might as well share your favorite morel area or hunting spot. smh

13. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

OP, I'm guessing your heart was in the right place. Someone does a good job for you, you want to give them a referral. Just didn't think it through first. None of us have ever done that, so we will try our best to relate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Now what happens when the customers of taxidermists figure out that bragging about their taxidermist, slows their return down and, heaven forbid, lessons quality?

15. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I made a post a few weeks ago praising pro1 tanning product. I should have never told Sally who was the tannery. That's just the way it is these days, apparently good tanneries are still hard to come by in 2014 which is sad. Makes me want to go into the tanning business. Lol, NOT..