1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

World Ladies Blue Fin record claim

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by makoman, Feb 26, 2014.

1. makoman

makoman Member

Hi All ,well the game fishing season is in full swing down here in NewZealand ,with lots of marlin being caught !!! so I'm really busy at the moment moulding some big critters !!
    The biggest so far is a ladies World Record claim for a Pacific Blue Fin Tuna weighing in at 411kg thats 906lbs .I have just finished the mould (only just!!) one more day with the temps here at the moment and it would have been lost !!
    Here's a pik to get some idea of the girth of the beast!!
    Cheers Kev

Attached Files:

2. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Wow, what a fish. Must be strange molding a fish that probably has a "meat value" of 10K or more.

3. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Apparently she cant sell it because it was not caught on a commercial vessel. Pity, it would be worth a hell of a lot ! but then Makoman would not have it .
    Look forward to seeing it done.
    John

4. CraigW

CraigW Member

Wow where do you even begin molding a fish that size. Must take gallons of bondo.

5. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

INCREDIBLE!

6. makoman

makoman Member

I was wondering what Gray's would charge to do a fish like this ?? and is there someone else I could get a price from ??
    Cheers Kev

7. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Love to see successful women fishermen. Here, that fish would be worth $16,275 .60 and would be airlifted to Japan frozen solid. ( 411 KG = 904.2 pounds, x $18.00 per pound = $16275.60. ) If she caught it here she could buy her own boat..lol :) JL

8. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I would bet they'd charge around $39.95 to mold this fish. Just read the fine print on the shipping costs!!!

9. Metal Man

Metal Man New Member

39.95, that's funny right there, unfortunately probably true!! I have some big Blue fin but not quite there. can't wait to see the pics.