1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

East coast Taxidermy says my skins are ready to be shipped

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Edwisnew, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Edwisnew

Edwisnew New Member

I sent two buck skins to them to be tanned that I fleshed out turned the ears eyes and lips now they can't find them and won't call me back . Very frustrating don't recommend them. Any quality taning near NJ let me know. If you had similar issues with this company let me know .

2. Re: East coast Taxidermy stiffed me

I'll never believe that one along with anyone else here. Joes a stand up guy that's been in the business for years ,it's his living,

3. Steve Rotramel

Steve Rotramel We got some radical rebels in this county!

Re: East coast Taxidermy stiffed me

Yeah that can be real frustrating. But I recommend you give them a little breathing room. Those are good guys over there and I seriously doubt they won't do whatever they can for you.

This kind of thing does and has happened to nearly every reputable tannery at some point.

As taxidermists, nearly every one of us has had an experience with a customer where all the wheels fall off and the engine ends up in your lap. And we are the ones at fault. Anybody talking to them would think you are the lowest loser on the planet despite the 1000 very happy customers.

So don't take it personal and give them a chance to rectify. It will probably work out fine.

4. Re: East coast Taxidermy stiffed me

I'm with Watershed here, I've done business with Joe on multiple accounts. He's an awesome guy, has gone out of his way to help others, even surprised me with a freebie around Christmas time when I bought some bear paws from him. I'll never hesitate to do business with Joe

5. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

Never had a problem with Joe @ East Coast. You need a little more patience before you start throwing stones Edwisnew.

6. eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe Active Member

LMFAO , east coast didn't stiff you. the fact is ..... you sent in capes and left out the most important detail YOUR EFFIN NAME, ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER . You wanted your skins back ? after I wasted my time going through thousands of skins , we have found them. OHHHH BUT WAIT , NOW YOU WANT THEM FOR FREE? YEAH RIGHT. As soon as you pay for them (usps money order only) We will send them . Oh and BTW we talked to the attorney general today (the one who you sent after us) and we told him the same thing YOU NEED TO PAY US before I send capes.
    I cant believe im wasting my time on someone like you.
    REMEMBER PEOPLE, THERE ARE 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY
    ohhhh yeah and my answering machine even says call back we don't return calls

7. Steve Rotramel

Ha ha ha - I wondered....

8. Mason

Mason Active Member

Yes Sir, And I for one KNOW. The folks over at eastcoast WILL go out of their way to make sure their customers are taken care of!

9. Steve Rotramel

My guess is we've seen the last of Edwisnew. In my humble opinion, here is a case for the mods to at least change the title of the post. Just a suggestion.

10. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Never had any problems with Joe and would highly recommend East Coast. There are 2 sides to every story as you mentioned Joe. People just do not like to admit to being the one to blame. "Do not believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see"

11. Edwisnew

Edwisnew New Member

Since my post. Good news East coast contacted me and said that my skins are ready to be shipped but they said they would call me back later today to make it final im keeping my fingers crossed. Its good to know that no one else has anything bad to say about them I must have been that 1%.

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Ed, you are not the 1%...it sounds like you were the one person who didnt leave adequate contact info when you sent your two capes.

13. Edwisnew

Edwisnew New Member

No i did send the info with the backage ups said that it was delivered and signed for. when i called east coast they said they got a package that was damaged. Ok , Then i left my name and number with them three times. Then no call and a couple of months go by. What am i suposed to do next. I think a mediator would be good. From the responses you people are giving me this forum is the best mediatior. I want to thank you guys

14. Steve Rotramel

Well you sure didn't win any points by your approach and your actions. You have gone to great lengths to damage another business without getting the facts first. I am sure Joe won't shed any tears when you take your business elsewhere.

You get what you give brother. First step? An apology may be order for jumping the gun on this thing. Sounds like Joe has the situation in hand and further mediation is not necessary. Pay for your tanning, he will ship them to you, and everyone will be happy.

15. Have never had a bad experience with joe. He is the only tannery I use and has always been able to give me great quality work and his turn around times have always been awesome. And he has always had awesome quality replacement capes whenever I needed them at very reasonable prices. I send all my stuff down to him with medal and paper tag attached through the eyes and nostril and I write him and Eric a note with instructions for each hide and put it in a ziplock bag inside the box on top of the hides so its the very first thing they see when they open the boxes. Never had a problem. Great company to deal with! Oh yeah I also just tried there READY TO MOUNT service. Awesome!!!!!

16. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Well Ed, if that is how it went, then I stand corrected. I wont point the finger at you. But, Joe runs a pretty legit business out there as well, so...you can see why we say what we do. Why dont you come back when the capes arrive, let people know that youre ple4ased, and then we will delete this, shall we? In the future when dealing with a tanner you are not familiar with, make a copy of the packing list you put into the box, and send it regular mail. That way once a tannery is familiar with your punch marks etc, he will recognize it possibly.

17. Edwisnew

Edwisnew New Member

Thanks for the insite Bill these are my first mounts that im going to be doing and this forum seems to be a great resource. I will be back for sure