1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Idaho Taxidermists Association Convention 2014

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

June 12th through 14th, 2014
    The 15th Annual <A HREF="http://www.idahotaxidermistsassociation.org">Idaho Taxidermists Association</A> Convention & Competition
    Red Lion Hotel, Boise, ID
    Contact Keven Lucier at 509-945-5679, Carol Clemmens at 208-853-80435 or visit the ITA website.

2. Waterfowl Inc

Waterfowl Inc New Member

Idaho Show

First off a big thanks to every person, sponsors, vendors and individual donors that helped make the show a huge success. When you fill a room with quality taxidermy work, add 3 exceptional judges and a bunch of great attitudes can't be anything but what it was - FUN! I was so impressed with the different families that participated in the fellowship day at CSRR, trap shooting, bass fishing, great conversations at the BBQ that I have to say "Thank you". All of you that participated at the farm were so respectful that there was literally no cleanup. To have young children look up at you and thank you for the fun time that we all had makes me very happy to be among the taxidermy community. I have pictures of most of the entries at the show, however in the spirit of the weekend I will start by posting a few photos of what the weekend was really all about. Yes we were all there to compete and I will be the first one to say I wanted to win, I struggled so hard in the weeks leading up to the competition, that I lost sight of the true value of the competition, so much so that in an effort to put together my "WASCO" piece, my "Best of Show" entry and my "Best of Category" piece - I ended up poisoning myself with crystal clear and wound up in Urgent Care on Friday. But after a few bass were caught and a couple of skeet broken, I think that most of us had put the competition as a secondary concern. Getting to know one another and our families was so much more gratifying that it will make it very difficult in the next 362 days of wait time before we can do it again. Here is a picture of the new President Kevin Lucier with an awesome bass, the story of how it was landed will be a fun conversation for anyone who attends next year. Also a picture of our Fish judge Dave Cambell for all of his great talents and accomplishments, one of the most humble people you will ever meet. Although both of the above mentioned are a bit quirky. I hope you enjoy the photos and I hope the people that participated in the weekend will share pictures as well as there opinions of what a great time this competition was.

Attached Files:

3. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Re: Idaho Show

Last week when I talked to you , stressed isn't the word ;D
    Can't wait to see all the pictures and congrats on your awards this go around. I agree that we should never forget why we go to competitions. Yes winning is a major part of it but having fun with friends while sharing the taxidermy bond outweighs a ribbon any day.

4. artmaker

artmaker New Member

All I can say about the Idaho show is fun fun fun. This was the best state show I've ever been to , from start to finish I was all smiles . The quality of work at this show was amazing which made the show that much more fun looking at some incredible work. My family took advantage of the fishing , trap shooting and barbeque at the farm and can't say enough on how much fun we all had . We caught several 5lb bass and blew through two cases of shotgun shells on trap . This was the first year the fun day at the ranch was offered so people didn't know what to expect , well I can say without any hesitation we will be back there next year it was awesome. I really hope that people take advantage of this next year it was a great experience for all especially the kids and great way to interact with fellow taxidermists. See everyone next year

Attached Files:

5. artmaker

artmaker New Member

More pics from ranch day and comp

Attached Files:

6. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Idaho Show Comp Pictures and RESULTS

This morning I have been putting a few things in place so here are all the ITA pics I got . The link is Face book because it loads so easy . New ITA Facebook page. I will have the Web page updated asap . https://www.facebook.com/pages/Idaho-Taxidermists-Association/1400024996953234?ref_type=bookmark or you can searh Idaho Taxidermists Association on Facebook. If you have any problems seeing it let me know , Thanks Jay

I have all the pictures available just drop me an email.

7. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Re: Idaho Show Comp Pictures and RESULTS

Awards List 2014

Award Winner Species
    McKenzie Lifetime Service Award Carol Clemmens

Best of Category
    Gamehead horned – open Ross Richard Painted desert ram
    Lifesize small - open Casey Higley Raccoon
    Upland game bird – open Jay Parke Sage grouse
    Waterfowl – open Jay Parke Barrows goldeneye
    Bird group - open Jay Parke redheads
    Fish reproduction - open Derek Harryman walleye
    Gamehead antlered - masters Clinton Hall Mule deer
    Gamehead horned- Masters Clinton Hall antelope
    Lifesize large – masters David Ferguson cougar
    Lifesize small - masters Troy Rose wolverine
    Waterfowl – masters Pete Ciraulo mallard
    Fish reproduction – Masters Allen Burril bluegill

Sunrise ($150 cash + Research cert) Colter Ferguson antelope
    Starfish Allen Burril bluegill
    Polytranspar Derek Harryman walleye
    Ducks Unlimited Best Waterfowl Leon Mathews Atlantic eider
    Best All Around Taxidermist Allen Burril and Troy Rose

Cash Awards
    Best of Category ($150) Allen Burril
    Best of Category ($150) Ross Richard
    Competitors Award ($100) Clinton Hall

Best Habitat ($100 – RMEF) Allen Malaise Brown bear
    Best Fish Open ($100) Derek Harryman walleye
    Best Fish Masters ($200) Allen Burril bluegill
    Best Bird Group open ($100) Jay Parke redheads
    Best non-waterfowl open ($150) Jay Parke Sage grouse
    Best Waterfowl open ($200) Jay Parke Barrows goldeneye
    Best non-waterfowl masters ($150) Allen Burril Prairie chicken
    Best waterfowl open ($200) Pete Ciraulo mallard
    Best elk ($200) Clinton Hall Elk
    Best Exotic or African ($250) Ross Richard Painted desert ram
    Best mule deer ($250) Clinton Hall Mule deer

People’s choice Troy Rose wolverine
    Taxidermists Choice
    McKenzie Best Whitetail Allen Burril whitetail
    McKenzie Best Lifesize Tyler Ono Black bear
    McKenzie Best Bird Troy Rose pintail
    McKenzie Best Fish Allen Burril bluegill

Taxidermists Choice Best in Show / Artisian Tyler Ono Black bear
    WASCO Pete Ciraulo bluebill
    Best in Show David Ferguson cougar

8. UFD

UFD Member

Pete, thanks for offering your fantastic ranch up for a “fun day” during the Idaho show to help everyone’s stress level drop down a notch or two after entering their pieces! As you know I didn’t get to go on Friday but all that I heard afterwards from everyone that went was how much fun they had at your place. The opportunity to stop by on Sunday was one that I’ll never forget, both for the incredible fishing and also for the fact that you and your wonderful wife Karen are incomparable hosts. Congrats also on your third WASCO!

I’d also like to thank the Idaho association for the opportunity to give a seminar and judge, and also to those who brought all the super pieces to the show to help make it a success. That was my first time for judging and it was nice to do so for a great association with a great membership. It’s an interesting process to get to see what is on the “other side” of competing, but not something that I’d do for entertainment, LOL. However, the expertise, professionalism, and advice of the other judges Brenda Duvall and Igor Caragodin made the process a little more palpable, and I thank them greatly for that. I’m also excited to see that the Idaho association has new life breathed into it with new board members and some welcome reprieve for the past board members who have done such an excellent job with the show.

Neat pictures of the "fun day", Tyler – and congrats on your well deserved Artisan Award!

9. Utahtaxi

Utahtaxi New Member

I just want to thank the Idaho association for they great show they had last week. Pete thanks for the use of the ranch. I think having events like that day out there truly help bring the taxidermy community together. To me meeting new people is the best part about going to completions in different states. I can't wait to see you guys in Idaho next year. Hopefully some of you can make it down to utah in March for our comp.

10. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Thank you from the Idaho Taxidermists Association

First of all, “WOW”…what a show! Everyone really put their best foot forward at this year’s event. From the Novice Division to the Masters, the hard work was evident! Great work and thanks to all!

I would like to thank the vendors…all of them, for their support. Without them, we have no show! I also want to thank our panel of world-class judges; David Campbell, Igor Caragodin and Brenda Duvall, they did an awesome job. I need to thank everyone who donated to our show. Those who donated financially and those who donated prizes and products…but, most of all, their “time”.

I cannot cover everyone, but go to our website and see all those who contributed and please support these people. We all need to continue to support one another to help our industry stay strong and prosper. We are looking to grow and have an even bigger and better show in 2015!

To those of you who weren't able to attend this year’s event, there’s always next year! You have 10 months to get ready, so once again, well done to everyone and let’s keep up the good work! “Onward and Upwards”, that’s what I always say. I look forward to seeing all of you again next year!

Kevin Lucier Pres.