1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Full steam ahead... dang, dreams are coming true!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Feb 27, 2014.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I've had my eye on a piece of land for years & one early morning saw a 'For Sale' sign on it. I immediately called Miranda & her response was 'BUY IT!'. Well it isn't always that simple. This journey started 4 months ago and finally ended Monday. Needless to say, we ended up in a family Charlie Foxtrot.... but we stuck it out.

Ladies and gentleman, let me show you what looks like a barren piece of land but what is soon to be home to the new 'MAD Taxidermy'. It's crazy, I always loved this land and happened to be at the right place at the right time (which come to find out was 5 minutes after the signs were placed). The offers for the land since closing are crazy And was even offered $35,000 more than we paid for it yesterday by the local physical therapist..... I'm not selling, I'm building!! I am so damn PROUD of this!!!!

2. michael p.

Sorry, can't upload photo's right now because I had to re-do photobucket on my phone........but it's an empty field with lots of dreams!!

3. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Congratulations Michael! Got to love it when a plan comes together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. michael p.

Here's the only pic that'll upload, burning off grass & brush with help of our Kubota armor LOL. The new shop will be in the front area of where the 2 story house is. The new shop is 56'x56' with a 16' x 56' overhang attached to it for trailers & habitat storage
    [​IMG]

5. wctaxidermy1

wctaxidermy1 Member

Looks perfect! Thanks for all the info you share on here.

6. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Congratulations Mike !

Who says taxidermy can't be a rewarding and profitable career.

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
    Colin Powell

7. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

good for you

8. intohunting

intohunting Member

AZ
    Field of Dreams starring Michael P. "If you build it, they will come". Good for you, you've earned it. Congrats! Craig

9. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

Great news. You deserve it for all of your hard work. I always said you would really succeed in this world.!!!!

10. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Congrats Mike and Miranda. The best to you both.

11. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Congratulations. It's good to see someone who works hard and is deserving have some good come their way.

12. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Sweet!

13. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

If you were to burn piles of sticks, leaves or anything here you would be getting a summons over here in good old N.J. Good luck Mike on your new shop.

14. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

Congratulations!

15. michael p.

We were roaring that night!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Nice, the fire truck sirens would be a blowing and I would be in handcuffs LOL. The high school was not even allowed to have a bonfire for football last year. Looks like a small version of the oil wells in Iraq burning.

17. DL

DL Well-Known Member

And now the work really begins. Congrats, you can never have too much room

18. Congratulations to you and Miranda!

19. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Very exciting! Congrats to you and Miranda!