1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey Experts, I need assistance PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RWTAXIDERMY, Feb 27, 2014.

1. just finished putting this strutter together and cant quite seem to get the head and pan area to co-operate leaving a gap between the pan and back of head. I am sure someone has had this happen before and know what to do to remove it, the more I mess with it the worse i make it,,,,need HELP and Suggestions PLEASE. Thanks Rick.

heres the photo of the head pan area
    [​IMG]

here is what the bird looks like so far
    [​IMG]

2. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

More caulking?

3. Hang it upside down until the feathers set.

4. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

What do you have underneath them.. caulk/ silicone ?

As long as there is something under them, you should be able to taxi the skin forward and everything should fall in place.

The bird is looking good btw.

5. Aaron, currently I have a wire holding the pan in place, the back hackles are injected with latex caulk. After researching the issue more I am certain the low area has no caulk in it, I am going to make a small cut on center of back in the pan area and try to inject more caulk in this area and see if it help. Thanks Rick

6. A- Fish

If you get some caulk in there that will definitely help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

7. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

X2 what Aaron said.
    I have small incisions all over my birds where I inject silicone. You'll never know they are there.
    And yes your bird is looking good..

8. full fan

full fan New Member

As Aaron said some caulk & don't be afraid to make some re-leaf cuts to relax the skin.

9. jptaxi

jptaxi New Member

IL
    I think you need to taxi the pan skin towards the back further, I think you have the skin "bunched" up in the neck and pan area

10. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Aaron, currently I have a wire holding the pan in place, the back hackles are injected with latex caulk. After researching the issue more I am certain the low area has no caulk in it, I am going to make a small cut on center of back in the pan area and try to inject more caulk in this area and see if it help. Thanks Rick
    [/quote]

I agree with that. Iv'e never used a wire to hild the pan, just caulk, and couple times a day pull up and forward (hackles) till they hold. Hanging upsidedown is an old school PITA, IMO.
    VERY nice looking bird, BTW

11. A- Fish

Other then sometimes cutting the scaps, I never make any cuts anywhere on the bird for injecting. That method is fine for beginners, but if you learn to do it with out the cuts your bird will flow better, and it takes less time.

I agree with the hanging upside down thing...not necessary. Also, if everything is lining up properly, you shouldn't have to come back and keep readjusting .

12. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Wow ... ' just found out that I'm a beginner.
    LOL!! Now that made my day!

13. A- Fish

I simply meant that it can be easier to do it that way then other ways not that people who use that method are beginners

Just trying to be helpful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk