1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

magnifying goggles

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Tanglewood Taxidermy, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I recently purchased some lighted magnifying goggles from Research Mannikins. I'm older and can't see anything less than two feet away and HOLY COW! My finish work just jumped up several notches! Best $15 or so bucks I've spent in a long time.

2. I couldn't work without em. I'm blind as a bat and can't hear a thing. lol

3. i just ordered a pair on ebay,i here you, all of a sudden i can't see the detail like i used to. Sad thing is, it had to be my wife that pointed it out to me. She said i was getting sloppy on the eye detail. Nothin worse.

4. Whenever I use mine I see what a lousy taxidermist I really am ;)

5. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

At the rate my eyes are going, it won't be long and I'll make them my pair replacing my existing glasses. Just wish I could find a more comfortable head band.

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

They also made sewing easier as I could see every hair in the seam. I like my stitches to be 1/16 to 1/8 inches apart. I took off the goggles after a few inches of sewing and realized that the stitches were about 1/32 apart so there is a learning curve on somethings. They sure looked like 1/8" at the time. lol. I'm only 50 and I'm half the man I used to be. Just a sad case of bones.

7. Andysmith

Andysmith Member

what about some zoomies?
    [​IMG]

8. Thesteeleboy

Thesteeleboy Member

Utah
    Sure sucks to get old. 54 and I hate it, I rely on my magnifying goggles a lot and my binoculars are my best friend during hunting season.

9. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    As long as you don't need them when you go to the bathroom your doing ok.

10. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

They will not keep your head dry in the rain, LOL. Countless times I have left the shop wearing them! I cannot work without them.

11. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

They also mess up perfect eyes. My eyes were perfect until I started using them for fine detsail work. Now I cant go without them!!!

12. Tanglewood Taxidermy

I find myself feeling around my shop for things and realize, hey dummy, raise your goggles up.

13. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Love mine!

14. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I purchase these clip-ons at Michael's for about $7. They clip onto my reading glasses and flip up out of the way when not needed. Joe

Attached Files: