1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Wolf Mount

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by brayden, Mar 3, 2014.

1. brayden

brayden New Member

hey give me your thoughts!! tony here, from Nature Calls Taxidermy, Manitoba, Canada

Attached Files:

2. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

looks vicious! You did a good job.

3. The tail tucked under is a very submissive posture. I think it would look much better with the tail positioned in a more aggressive posture that better reflects the rest of the mount.

4. Every photo I find of a snarling wolf has his tail tucked. What would you consider a more aggressive posture?

[​IMG]

5. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Looks great.

6. Mason

Mason Active Member

Very Cool! I think the tail position is spot on. Only thing I'd do different. I would back brush him with compressed air.
    Nice Work!

7. brayden

brayden New Member

ya this tail position gives him the best balance I think, went through piles of reference to achieve this! the back brush sure gives aggressive look

8. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

very nice job!! the tail is fine

9. glennbear6

glennbear6 New Member

Looks great!!!

10. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

That is absolutely amazing! Give's me goose bump's.

11. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    And the tongue would look better in the mouth rather thsn on the base. Lol just messing. Looks great

12. Alaskataxidermy

Alaskataxidermy New Member

Very nice work. You can be proud of it.

13. Nick7

Nick7 New Member

That is one ticked off dog. I like it! Is there going to be anything else mounted with it?

14. brayden

brayden New Member

love the comments!! ya sorry about the tongue by her foot,,kinda funny huh!!holding off on habitat for now,, have had a lot of people wanting to purchase this wolf,,,,,, I have a few numbers in my head! would like to hear some numbers you guys have.

15. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Yes, the tail is right on this one. This is submissive/defensive crouched posture and the tail should be tucked. An aggressive/dominant postured snarling wolf would have a taller posture, with ears and tail upright.

16. brayden

brayden New Member

thanks for the input everyone,,,,

17. When the mount looks better than the reference photo (as this one does to me) I'd say you nailed it! Good job!

18. Skin Deep

Skin Deep Member

USA
    awesome job keep up the good work

19. Bow Man

Bow Man New Member

SHOWOFF!Dont blame ya Id show it off to.That is a awesome piece of work there.

20. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

I think the feet need some work and a slight change in the eye lids would make that face pop. Tail is perfect. There are 2 kinds of wolves...submissive but must show a willingness to fight and the alpha dog with tail raised. I would have like to see at least slight snarles with that face but maybe they are there and I just don't see them