1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

OHIO TAXIDERMY CHAMPIONSHIPS - APRIL 4, 5, & 6 ALL FOR FOR $55

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by jim tucker, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

That's right a MEASLEY $55!! The Ohio Taxidermy Championships are APRIL 4TH, 5TH AND 6TH back at the fantastic Robert's Center in Wilmington, Ohio. Check out the show schedule to see what's going on or go to www.ohiotaxidermists.com We have some NEW things in store that I will need to post on another posting or thread, haven't decided yet which one. Keep watching.

Seminar descriptions to follow.

The 2014 Ohio Taxidermy Championships
    April 4th, 5th and 6th
    Roberts Center, Wilmington Ohio
    contact Casey Watterson 419-362-1060
    www.ohiotaxidermists.com

Judges

FRED VANDERBURGH - WHITETAILS
    BRIAN CLAAR - FISH
    ASHLEY BARRETT - GAMEHEADS/MAMMALS
    GLEN BROWNING - BIRDS

2014 OHIO TAXIDERMY CHAMPIONSHIPS SHOW SCHEDULE

FRIDAY, APRIL 4TH

12n - 7p REGISTRATION ENTER MOUNTS

1:30 - 5p DAVE HYER WHITETAIL DEER TAXIDERMY
    1:30 - 3p CASEY WATTERSON FISH TECHNIQUES

2p - 3p BRUCE LEICHTMAN TURKEY FEET PAINTING
    4p - 5p FRED VANDERBURGH INTERPRETATION OF WT REFERENCE

6p - 8:30 ASHLEY BARRETT DEALING WITH MAMMAL PROBLEM AREAS
    6p - 8:30 BRIAN CLAAR PAINTING A REPRODUCTION SMALLMOUTH BASS
    6p - 8:30 GLEN BROWNING BIRD TECHNIQUES

9P - ? OTA MIXER/TAXIDERMY GAME SHOW

SATURDAY, APRIL 5TH

8a - 11a REGISTRATION - NO MOUNTS ENTERED AFTER 11AM

8a - 11a TOM KINSER FORM ALTERATIONS
    8a - 11a BRIAN BANBURY COMPETITION AND COMMERCIAL BIRD TECHNIQUES

8 - 9 ROD TENNANT/JIM TUCKER IMPROVING YOUR COMPETITION SCORES
    9:30 - 10:30 CARY COCHRAN SCULPTING EPOXY TECHNIQUES

11a - 12n LADIES CHOICE VOTING
    1p - 3p PEOPLES CHOICE/PUBLIC VIEWING

2p - 5p MICHAEL P. SCHLABACH HABITATS TECHNIQUES FOR WALL PEDESTALS
    2p - 5p GEORGE GEIGER BUSINESS, ADVERTISING, AND PRICING

6p - BANQUET/AUCTION/AWARDS

SUNDAY, APRIL 6TH

8a - 9a SUNRISE SERVICE

9a - 1p JUDGES CRITIQUES

12:30 MOUNTS RELEASED

**SHOW SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Where else can you get it this fast and furious for $55?

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Re: COME TO OHIO ON APRIL 4,5, & 6 AND GET A WHOLE CONVENTION & 12 SEMINARS FOR $55

Seminar Desciptions

Dave Hyer Whitetail Techniques - Dave will be showing you HIS way of making an excellent WT deer mount. Dave has great ideas and some things you may not have seen before.

Casey Watterson Fish Techniques - Casey will be bringing you a wealth of knowledge on fish. This seminar will be a multi-focus seminar.

Bruce Leichtman Painting Turkey Feet - Seems self explanatory...but Bruce paints some of most natural looking turkey feet you will ever see.

Fred Vanderburgh Interpretation of Whitetail Reference - Our Bruchac Award winning WT Judge shows you his ideas on how to see and apply reference to your mounts.

Ashley Barrett Dealing with Mammal Problem Areas - Our World Champion Mammal/Gamehead Judge focusing on areas like Faces, Feet and Ears.

Brian Claar Paining a Reproduction Smallmouth - Our Multi Award Winning Fish Judge shows you his way of painting on of the tougher warm water species.

Glen Browning Bird Technques - Our World Champion Bird Judge with a multi-focus seminar on his unique bird techniques.

Tom Kinser form Alterations - Award Winning Taxidermist and sculptor shows you all about altering lifesize and gameheads forms. You don't know it but you need this seminar.

Brian Banbury Competion/Commercial Waterfowl Techniques - Multi Award Winning Bird Taxidermist shows you some unique techniques he uses for his mounts.

Rod Tennant/Jim Tucker Improving Your Competition Scores - Stuck in second or third place? Learn some things to help you jump up to first.

Cary Cochran Sculpting Epoxy Techniques World Champion taxidermist shows you his methods for using epoxies.

Michael P. Schlabach Habitat/finishing Techniques For Wall Pedestal Mounts All the way from Texas to show you his innovative and profitable techniques on finishing wall pedestals that work for pedestals as welll.

George Geiger Business, Advertising, and Pricing - Skills to run a successful taxidermy business

All for $55

3. JETT

JETT Member

Can't wait for the rod and Jim seminor. Will Jim be telling us what a 3rd place ribbon means? lol Whats the meal at the banquet going to be this year? One things for sure is you always learn something at a show. Doesnt matter how long you been doing taxidermy there is always a new way or new product to see.

4. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I may leave that part out ;D

5. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Don't forget your banquet tickets. Last year we sold out of available spots. If you get them @ pre-registry your spot is reserved.

6. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Looking forward to this show. It's been a couple years and I'm glad your having me there.
    This is one of the TOP shows in the country folks. Don't miss it

7. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I wonder if everyone has been practicing their darts.

8. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Just for the info the show schedule posted above is the CORRECT ONE. The one on the website is outdated. It is harder to change things there and updates sometimes take time.

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Supplier List at this time:

ARLINGTON CAPE
    GALLERY OF NATURE
    JIM GIGGI PHEASANTS
    KINSER DRIFTWOOD
    KNOBLOCHS
    KULIS FREEZE DRY
    MCKENZIE TAXIDERMY SUPPLY
    OHIO TAXIDERMY SUPPLY
    PINE ACRES TANNERY
    PRO 1 PERFORMANCE CHEMICALS
    RUOZZI & SONS SUPPLY
    TOHICKON EYES

10. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

by the way McKenzie being in lower case above doesn't mean any thing. For some reason it keeps going LOWER CASE even though I have tried to change it at least 10 times.? :p WEIRD

11. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Here ya go ....

McKenzie

It won't work for me either.

:)

Kerby...

12. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Time to start getting those pieces mounted so they have time to dry...finish work can be done in your hotel room. ;D

13. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Leaving in the am see you all there

14. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Yep, we have everything ready to load up and head that way in the morning also.
    Jim, if you beat me there, save me a seat & go ahead & order me (and pay for ) the BBQ ribs for lunch !! LOL

15. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Re: OHIO TAXIDERMY CHAMPIONSHIPS - APRIL 4, 5, & 6 ALL FOR FOR $55

Killin me not being able to go this year. Hope the show goes well for you all. From the new HOF, to the master of masters, to Friday night game show,and lots of great names giving siminars, this is gonna be one of the top shows of the year. The Ohio show is top notch. Good luck to all

16. Leaving around noon today, can not wait to see everybody. This will be one of the best shows we have ever had! Be careful traveling and get ready for a fun weekend.

Casey