1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail skull metalizing

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Head Hunter, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Head Hunter

Head Hunter Member

I have a customers Whitetail that needs to be metalized. I have called a couple of numbers listed on the Taxi.net but no one answers. Can anyone reccomend a reliable skull metalizing service?

2. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

If you can't find any one, you could do a "FAUX METALIZING". I've done these and clients like the results.

3. I put a set of antlers on a reproduction skull for a client this past year. He was after a chrome look. Went to the hardware store and got some chrome spray paint. Prepped the plastic skull and had at it. Actually looked pretty good and best of all, the customer was happy! Not sure how it will work on bone though.

4. IronClad Metal Effects, Taxidermist discount was 20% off retail last I checked with them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I had one done like that a few years ago and within a couple of years it turned green.

6. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

George has a tutorial on how to do them yourself. I've done a few. I spray the skull black, mix Antique Bronze powder with Envirotex and brush it on. I tell my customers it's done in a foundry in India, LOL!