1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looked Odd!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ra8point, Mar 5, 2014.

1. ra8point

ra8point Member

Yesterday while driving back from O'Hare Airport in Chicago, I saw a couple of deer in a forest preserve (Chicago talk for a park with trees). What was odd was that one of them sported a nice rack maybe in the 120's! Now, this area is know for people feeding the deer from their cars but with the winter we are experiencing, I find it odd that this buck did not shed his rack yet? I really don't remember seeing many bucks past January in the past.

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Not uncommon, lots of bucks here in NW MO with antlers.

3. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Very normal. I've seen bucks turkey hunting in late april early may with one or both sides before and the buck next to him has a few inches of new growth already (granted thats rare but I've seen it and know people with pics of the same thing. Its only March 5th quite a few bucks still holding around here too.

4. Mason

Mason Active Member

Seen em carry into May also.

5. I have 3 bucks coming into the yard every night to my corn pile. Still have racks.

6. jgrit8

jgrit8 Age 43

WI.
    Doing work in a highrise a few years back.I spotted them from the truck in March and some still had them on.Plenty of ornimental shrubs too eat.

7. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

2 years ago I was turkey hunting in South Dakota the date was April 16th and I saw a beautiful 10 point at about 30 yards. Watched as long as I could with binoculars as he left hoping I would maybe see an antler come off in the brush, (We were huntin down in the missouri river breaks) That was the latest in the year Ive seen one with antlers still on.

Oh and jgrit8 I do believe you should be smiling in your picture, thats a nice haul of beaver.