1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I finally won with the VA

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by boarzhead, Mar 7, 2014.

1. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

1 year and 6 months ago I started my battle with the va to use my voc rehab due to my disability with the Army. I finnally got approved 100% for all my school, tools, lodging, and food plus living expenses. It has been an emotional battle but I did it. Any Vet out there that needs help with this please feel free and contact me and I would gladly help. I have fought tooth and nail on this but never gave up. My new VA rep helped so much due to she is an avid fly fisher woman. I am even preapproved through the SBA for 10000$ start up loan no interest for 2 years if paid back. So will be looking forward to posting some of my mounts in the future. Thanks to all who have answered my posts and helped me along this long journey.......

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Glad for you ...........

And I can't even get a VA card. 9 years on active duty in the Infantry don't mean squat.

:)

Kerby...

3. boarzhead

I just went to va on indian school and they took pic and got it right then. Gl

4. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Well.........

Well, although I spent 9 years on active duty in the Infantry and 11 years in the IRR I :

Am not a Viet Nam Veteran.

Am not a Purple Heart recipient.

Am not a POW.

Am not a Veteran of a Foriegn War.

I did not receive any disability when I came off of active duty, although I did have knee surgery while on active duty. Have a bad back and can't hear squat, but can never prove that.

Can't even get past the lobby to get an application unless you are one of the above.

Also no GI Bill during the years I was on active duty.....

:)

Kerby...

5. boarzhead

I am so sorry. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE... I wish they would take care of all who served this country and were willing to give all. As alot have.

6. I was pretty lucky when I got mine approved. The VA rep had me fill out a questionnaire and told me I had to make a business plan and had to have it back to them in 30 days. I'd never done one before so I did all kinds of research - I think it took me about 29 days. I wanted it just right. It was 8 pages long. I turned my packet in and I don't think they even read it. I think they just counted the pages and figured if it was 8 pages long he must really want this. They approved it right away and paid for everything.

7. boarzhead

8 pages????? I did mine and was 69 pages long and they still wanted more. And I was torough done to harvest reports for the last 5 years of all critters in az to projected income and all. My last va rep throw me through a loop with sba and score programs and then left va. new rep she is a dream come true

8. Each Voc. Rehab. representative has their own ideas for taxidermy, some will help others dont understand. With voc. Rehab, something that falls outside of their normal standards they dont know how to deal with. Thats the 69 pages verse 9. I went through the voc rehab program and did not have to any paper work other than find who what when and where.