1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coyote Mouth Disease? pics

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Jena, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Jena

Jena Member

Anyone have any idea what this could be? Has anyone ever seen this in a yote before? I'm sure someone knows what it could be, but I'm stumped...They are some sort of growths/bumps all around the gums and lip-line.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

Oral papillomas . seen a coyote like that a couple yrs ago & a coon this yr.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Those will tan up into a lump, and you can just cut them off flush to the tuck skin.

4. Jena

Jena Member

Is "Oral papillomas" a disease or just a skin deformity? To me it almost looks like skin tags or super tiny papillae ( don't know if I spelled that right lol ) like that of a deer or something.

5. Oral papillomatosis (oral warts) is a benign tumor caused by canine wart virus. He must have been feeding on toads... ::)

6. davehyer

davehyer New Member

Those are just one more good reason not to mess with those stinkin nasty bas_tards. I HATE COYOTES I have had 5 of them come in last week, time to double my coyotes prices.

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Looks like Captain Crunch with crunch berries

8. Andysmith

Andysmith Member

He must have got with some skanky female

9. Steve Rotramel

Steve Rotramel We got some radical rebels in this county!

Thanks horsedoctor! I have been to a hundred peopledoctors and now I have the answer. STOP EATING TOADS!

10. Jena

Jena Member

Ah, I see thanks for the info ;) To make things even better, this yote was gut shot :eek:
    They sure are nasty but I love working on em. I get to keep this one for my personal collection, I can't pass up a yote with unique color.

11. LittlestWarrior

LittlestWarrior New Member

Domestic dogs can get these as well. When my dog was a pup he got them from another pup and spread it to my mom's dog. The vet removed them and said the way to make sure the dog wouldn't get it again was to feed the warts to her. It was pretty gross, haha.