1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bald Eagle Mount

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by BrookeSFD16, Mar 10, 2014.

1. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

"The older I get, the better I was."

And you certainly prove that with each additional post.

;)

2. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

My mother jumps up on her bed, grabs my dads 22 pistol and fires six shots into the bedroom floor. Why? It was a reaction to a nuisance. The reaction was FEAR of a rat. She was hysterical. Ask her if she was just reacting to a nuisance or if she was genuinely afraid. My dog is scared as hell of my best friend. He runs under the couch and whines when he comes over. I'd call that fear. A deer running balls to the walls through the woods with a mt. lion hot on it's heels is reacting to a nuisance and that reaction is fear. An eagle running from black birds is afraid of being driven to the point o madness by those little buggers. I don't know much about eagles but I do know that animals experience fear and it's not too far fetched that prey animals would experience fear from the ones that prey on them. I don't know if an animal would fear a shadow of another, but if I saw a shadow of an eagle in dive mode heading for my head I would instinctively duck and that instinct would be fear. Fear of getting nailed by something that is going to hurt. I had an older friend friend who was in his 60's that was attacked by a hawk continuously for about a quarter of a mile and it almost killed him by the time he got home. He spent some time in the hospital. He is now afraid of raptor shadows that is for sure. Eagles are eagles and eagles do what eagles do and we can speculate all we want but in the end our thoughts on the subject means nothing to the eagles. They will continue to do what they do when they want to do it and their prey will continue to do the same. Just like Ron, George and smallie will continue to think they are right, just like everyone else does. What I would like to know is, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

4. smalliestalker

More of a problem there than fear of rats. ;)

So you ARE saying that the eagle DOES fear the blackbird. Interesting.

The coots sit right back down in the same spot after giving up their minnow to the seagull. NO FEAR. Just plenty of minnows. The seagulls keep finding dead and struggling sheepshead (from fisherman who care not for sheepshead) in the same exact area after the pelican takes if from them. NO FEAR. And I doubt if wolves leave their home territory as long as there is prey to hunt, simply because there is an eagle sighting. As for your mother, of course there are those with phobias, no denying that. but someone getting out of the reach of a snake is NOT necessarily fear - just good sense.

5. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Hahaha
    How true.

Someone once said, If ignorance is a bliss then some people are very blissful.
    Well there are a few very blissful people on this forum. LOL.

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Then a person in a small boat out in the ocean wears a life jacket, not from fear that if he capsized he could drown, but that it is just good sense. A dog is running toward you teeth bared, foaming at the mouth, intent to kill in it's eyes and you climb a tree to get away from it. Not in fear, but just good sense. I am afraid of venomous snake because I am afraid of the damage they can do to me so I use good sense and avoid them. The black bird statement was tongue in cheek and human emotions are not the same as an animal. I don't know what animals think. I think my last statement about the angels dancing on the head of a pin is much more important.

7. smalliestalker

I wear a life jacket when on the water, but I DO NOT fear the water. And people get up on chairs from mice and non-venomous snakes as well. What grave danger do those present. Lots of folks have fears not based on actual danger, as I said, no denying that. What a sad way to go through life tho.

Granted the other stuff you said is less important, but how do you know that angels do not "fear" the heads of pins. :D

8. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Good point. I'm afraid that I don't know what angels think about pin heads therefore I don't know what they think of me. Lol.