1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

hidden

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by reidduck, Mar 18, 2014.

1. reidduck

reidduck New Member

how would a judge score a duck mount if they cant see the birds feet?? I would think they cant say Its right or wrong. if the birds in water

2. scandler

scandler New Member

it all depends on how you hide them. if you mount the duck on the water and their is noway to see the feet it could both help or hurt you depending on the mount. if the feet are done right and are visable then this could help your score in that way. some judges my think that your hiding somethink and cause them to look even harder to find what you are trying to hide and then find more things wrong . i hope this makes sence. if you do one swimming ,do it with a 360 degree look to it so you can see everything.

3. reidduck

reidduck New Member

what if I take a photo of them to show their painted and injected .the water trans .or just let it be??

4. scandler

scandler New Member

i would inject and paint them so they are done. one thing i learned this year at our show is that " well thats good enough" want get you far in compitition . if you know its wrong then fix it. good luck with it