1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another little kitty cat finished up

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Matt, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Lol, ya when it's someone else's work going to the wood shed. Go ahead, post em up. Then we'll see how much you like it!

For the record, another vote for pretty harsh Dennis. If it were as easy as your post makes it sound, you would think McKenzie wouldn't have to put mounts with more problems than this in their catalogue. Cats are by far the most difficult for most of us. A PM would have been more useful. I definitely appreciated your PM on my first Bongo rather than a public beat down. Just my two cents, I admire the work of both you guys.

2. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    A simple PM with your point of view on his work where there was no request for a critique would have been more professional than a public bashing.

3. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I don't do many lifesize; a customer would love this cat! But your critique Dennis means a lot more in private, especially since none was asked for. IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

4. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

8)

5. Paul I

Paul I New Member

I gave you a pass on your gay wolf. You should do the same.

6. *

8) How did you know he was Gay ? 8)

7. Paul I

Paul I New Member

You mounted him,LOL

8. *

YUK YUK Ha Ha Your so funny....KMA.

9. Paul I

Paul I New Member

Your a leader,act like one you assmuch.How you treat people under you matters.

10. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

I must defend Matt here.... He is a outstanding taxidermist who helps lots of beginners on here. I've competed at shows with him for years and know he is a great person as well. The cat to my untrained cat eye is beautiful!!!! And I'd bet $$ the customer will feel the same. To get a good critique would be one thing, especially from someone with lots of cat experience like the ones here. I personally think you could of done it without pumping your chest out so far. Nice Cat Matt

11. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    While the critique from Dennis did come across a little brash, I took it as him stating that Matt's work is of high quality and this one fell a little short of his usual. With that said, to the untrained eye, and even many trained eyes this is a really nice piece! I haven't done many cats so i didn't know the "flaws" with this piece, but I'm glad I do now as Dennis pointed them out. I will learn from this as I'm sure you will as well Matt. Easy for me to take the criticism and learn though as it wasn't my piece getting critiqued, so I understand your reply as well Matt. I think both parties involved had the right to respond as they did, maybe worded differently and it wouldn't have the same tone, but oh well. I just hope this doesn't stop either of you from posting both comments or photos on here as I enjoy both from both of you!

12. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    JEJ, thanks for putting my thoughts into words here, I couldn't agree more, especially the last part.

13. Paul I

Paul I New Member

Both guys are Awesome.Matt helps a lot of people.Dennis is a Icon.Please post more . Thanks PS I LIked your wolf.LOL