1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

OTS?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Artie mags, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

What's the deal with OTS ordered last week still waiting for order. Called and got the voicemail and cant leave a message because the box is full

2. I was told they've been extremely busy working to fill orders. They had a huge run on there forms when the new catalogue came out, which is a real good thing for them. Maybe they were all at shows this weekend and just haven't got back to answering the phone yet.???

3. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Rudy posted on facebook that they've been slammed meeting demand for show pre-orders. The Indiana and Michigan show were the same weekend this year. They attended both! I'm sure they'll be on track soon.

4. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Its understandable but you still need to have someone answer the phones. Not trying to slam them in anyway.

5. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

And that is why I use McKenzie

6. When you called all the phones may have all been in use with other customers. OTS deer forms have been in high demand the last couple months since the catalog came out. They are doing 2 to 3 shows each week and production is a bear to deal with. They will get it sorted out and all will be well. Be patient.

Slow down... You will have a more harmonious outcome.... :)

7. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Not sweating it was just wondering.

8. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

I ordered last week. It was to ship out on Wednesday with a one day ship from them to my shop. Got it in five days, box was trashed and lost some of the materials I ordered. That was the bad news good news is Jody took my phone call and Rudy made it right. The box was fine when it left but it got"Fed-Exed" in transport. They can only control so much. In my opinion if you order that tight time wise . . . your bad. The forms are worth the wait and we have all been overwhelmed at one time or another. Stuff happens . . . to me it's how the supplier handles it that's important. They will be my primary supplier in the future. I like the small company customer service you get. JMO 8)

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

That's fine for you to have that opinion, but I hope to hell no supply company has that opinion. We've all been in a crunch and needed supplies yesterday. Supply companies need to be on the ball when it comes to filling orders. I LOVE OTS manikins, and will use them frequently. If they don't get the production issue ironed out quickly it will hurt their sales, no question.

10. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

They have a catalog??? Ive sent several emails their way requesting one and never heard the first peep back.
    Im liking the new Lancasters now. And Jetz new ones also.

11. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Spoke to them today. They are swamped with orders and have hired more people. They had no idea how crazy it would get so Im happy with that explanation and I will wait for my stuff no biggie. Im glad they are busy!

12. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Artie you are correct, they are swamped ! I just came back from there , picking up mannikins. Now don't worry, I didn't take stock mannikins as to slow orders down, LOL.
    They are actually running 3 shifts right now trying to keep up.
    I buy their 2nd's mannikins a lot when I go there. Just one benefit to only living seven miles away from them, LOL

13. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Cole never said they waited 5 days to ship my order. I said it took FedEx 5 days to get it to me. My order was shipped the day OTS promised it would be tracking number included. Now if you want to talk about Shippers that's different than suppliers . . . you agree I'm sure. Just placing responsibility where it belongs. ;)

14. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Shipment arrived today!! worth the little trouble in the wait. Love these new forms with the nose already done!!

15. Mason

Mason Active Member

Cool beans artie, glad to hear. we ordered a few of them. Hope they get the other sizes put together. We have 5 more to order, but we waited in hopes that the others will be in production soon.

16. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Yeah I have a small buck to do and wanted to use the one with the nose detail also. Hoping soon the others will be in production