1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rick Krane...

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by classic tails, Mar 25, 2014.

1. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Rick- I guess you are sick? Get well quick!

2. den007

den007 Active Member

You push to hard friend. Learn to take it down a notch. It is one of the hardest lessons to learn when you operate at your high level. Rest, recover, relax. Think of becoming like the relaxed swimming poses of your fish……just glide.

3. Rick,
    Hope you are doing better ! If possible, slow down and enjoy life more, as you get older...Your body is sending you a message.

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Mama always told me that hard head eventually find out they have soft asses. You have so much to offer but if you don't decide to slow down, natural selection will do it for you.

5. WildNatureLuver

WildNatureLuver New Member

Give yourself whatever gifts of time and rest you need to feel better - and know that you're surrounded by caring thoughts and prayers and heartfelt wishes. Rest easy. Get well.

6. dougp

dougp Active Member

Thinking of you Rick. I hope all goes well and you get up and running in any way you like. ;)

DougP

7. Bryan Russell

Bryan Russell Active Member

What wrong with him?

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Take it easy bud ...or we go back to the hotel lobby for another round of nhl our way...

9. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

[email protected] Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

On behalf of Rick and myself I want to thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. Anyone who knows him personally knows that he lives to help as many people as he can both in taxidermy and individually. Sometimes he forgets to take time to rest and listen to his body. That is what I’m here for so he will listen from now on. Rick is coming home today and he is feeling much better. Thank you for the prayers again as it means a lot to the both of us. I have personally learned through Rick that Taxidermists are a special breed of talented and caring people. I’m taken back by the thoughtfulness you all share with one another. I’m sure Rick himself will take a minute to say thank you but I wanted to personally say thank you.
    Kathie

10. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Prayers being sent. Take care of yourself. Without yourself, you have nothing. Seriously, we want you around for another few decades so rest more than you think you need to.

11. czykdbcz

czykdbcz Artist or just crazy

va
    get better Rick

12. Hopefully just a little bump in the road... Wishing you the best.

13. My thoughts are with you get well soon!

14. hope you are doing ok rick.my prayers are with you.im sure you will be fine.take care of your self your friend mickey

15. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

wow, prayers sent, get well my fishy friend.

16. My friend, you got sick this time last year, slow it down a bit and take time to smell the fish slime....er i meant roses.

17. UFD

UFD New Member

Rick, get well and listen to Kathie - she knows best when to slow you down (because obviously you don't). :)

18. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

My life is always a work in progress but my life is truly blessed by knowing you!

The act of kindness may be the greatest of gifts we can freely give to one another! I’m more grateful then I could ever express for the friendship and the human connection I share with the community of my family of taxidermists! The emails, PM, and the personal calls mean more to me than I can ever say thank you enough for my gratitude! We do care as people and I think more so as artists as we think more physically in thought and respond more ingeniously in kindness.
    In our life’s journey we each face trials each day and most days as long as your head hits the pillow you win! We all make choices and some yield a better return then others so I know to well. Balance is the key and I lose sight of this from time to time. I was raised to make hay all while the sun is in the sky and rest when you are done. I know better especially at my age I certainly am not under any confusion that young men challenge about immorality or indestructability, no it is with me more of the challenge that I create a bar that in my mind I still can reach for with one hand rather then both. I want to believe we all do the very best we can and I will say this from my personal experiences remember to take time to rest!
    The body will only do what it can do and no more without a greater cost to the big picture in nearly all cases. This is the lesson I struggle with as my mind always creates and desires to do much more for others, to be of assistance where and how I can for folks like me to benefit from my success and failures alike! I’m a teacher through and through and my passion is so deeply driven to do more that I forget that it is me that needs to deliver for me in order to share and help others. I will do better to remember this as I lost sight of it for a short time! There is only so many hours in a day and days in a week and though I wish there were more sometimes I think our creator made us so that we should find balance not more work. There will be a days work left to do the day I die I’m sure of it so to think I’ll beat the day by pushing one or two more hours into it is a fools pursuit! My opinion.

I write to say thank you for caring about this old fishhead! I want to say thank you to Brad Jones for being there with me into the morning hours and for Kathie because she knows what a hardheaded stubborn SOB I can be when I’m sick!
    I’m doing well and will be in MN this coming week. I might be a bit slower and my voice a bit softer but I’ll bring my best eyes and mind to share!

Gold Bless you and my personal thanks!

Your old Fishhead Friend

Rick Krane

19. rough water

rough water Member

Glad to hear your feeling better!!
    Dave

20. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Glad you are feeling better Rick. I knew last Sunday when we spoke at the Indiana show you were feeling a lot worse. You are in my prayers sir and I wanted to tell you how much my Wife and I enjoyed your seminar. It was not a typical fish seminar like usual. It definately had to be good to keep my non taxidermist wife interested. I learned a good bit that day.

Todd Buchanan