1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My First Masters Entry for 2014 MTA show (ped LM and gill)

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Brian W, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Broke into new territory this year at the MTA show. My entry was ped LM chasing a bluegill (also pedestal). Mold/cast head and fins on the LM and mold/cast gill.........took a third.
    Thanks to Randy B, Terry W and Paul B for the advice since I've never molded/cast anything up to that point and I can tell you I learned a lot from the trial and error I went through. Can I tell you "frustrating" is a serious understatement...lol. Best teacher is attacking the job yourself and learning from the mistakes.
    I can see where I need to focus for next years comp but happy with the added knowledge I have from the show itself. Terry had an awesome seminar. Thanks to Rick Krane and Kathie for the materials needed to complete the job.........and thanks also to Walnut Hollow for the awesome base and Sally Leones (Photography by Leones, LLC) for the super photography.......

Attached Files:

2. Brian W

closeups

Attached Files:

3. That is Nice!

4. dougp

dougp Active Member

Great job Brian...Congrats!!

DougP

5. Wow!...You should be proud Bryan, very nice!

Yves

6. Very nice looking piece Brian!

Bruce

7. amigo

amigo No habla Espanol

looks nice.

8. arrow30

arrow30 Member

looks pretty lifelike to me, great job!

9. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Very nice !!

10. Brian, congratulations on your fish they look really nice! I to have had great advice from many of those you have named above. There are so many great people out there who want to see others succeed ! Fish heads are a unique group of people who seem to give advice willingly to those who want to learn.

My best,

Casey

11. Nice job Brian. Casey I hope I get to meet you at the ohio show. First time from me but always enjoy talking fish with other taxidermists.

12. northernmontana

northernmontana Active Member

Very Nice.

13. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

Awesome job!!

14. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Congrats Brian. They looked better in person tho.

15. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

That's a nice clean all around mount Brian, its hard to describe a great presentation but you know it when you see it great job, congrats on playing with the big boys.

16. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Dude, that is nice!

17. Sweet mount - awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. wow! excellent job!

19. bnoody

bnoody Member

Very nice Brian, opening the mouth and taking on the challenge in there will really challenge a person. Nice lines, nice composition, very good piece.

20. Brian W

Wow......lot of nice comments. I appreciate them all and yes, pictures pale in comparison to seeing in person. When I talked with the judge, he commented on the nice detail in the head. Couldnt have pulled off an open mouth though without casting. Running with the big dogs now........lol. And the journey is very exciting. Thanks again guys..

And btw, I hope you are putting the pieces back together Slabbandit......