1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My First Masters Entry for 2014 MTA show (ped LM and gill)

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Brian W, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Billw

Billw Member

Nice Job Brian! Was hoping to talk to you at the show but didn't get a chance. Maybe next year, again nice job!

BillW

2. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

You also Bill.....ours were very close on the table. Seems I missed seeing a few people there. I was there Wednesday, all day Friday for Terry's seminar, and almost all Sunday. I could have got a room if I was there back to back but didnt work out. Ended up putting on over 720 miles on my truck!!!! Congrats to you too Bill.

3. Congratulations Brian!! Very Nice!!

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Awesome mount. Looks a lot better than a third to me even for Masters, but I'm not seeing it up close I guess. Good to see Michigan has high standards in the Masters category.

5. Brian - that is pretty SWEET !! You should be proud of that one! Got the pics you emailed, thanks much and have a great weekend.

6. diggitydave1

diggitydave1 Taxidermy and Golf, both will drive you Crazy!

good looking fish, i havent tried the casting thing yet trying to get better with my painting first.

7. 3daddys

3daddys New Member

Love it

8. topnotch

topnotch Member

Great job
    Tyler

9. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

whoa! looks like those Michigan guys better watch out! You are coming up, guns blazin!

10. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Absolutely beautiful my friend! How proud I am of you Brian!!!!
    Your Friend

Rick Krane

11. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I'm not fishhead guy, but they look pretty darn good to me. Congrats BIG BOY!

12. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Once again....thanks to all. Never expected all the nice comments. Very cool, but I also know some of you can relate to the point A to point B rollercoaster you go through when "good enough" doesnt cut it!!
    I had a chance to talk to the judge again and in his words said "Your overall piece was terrific"....then went into details about a couple concerns on the LM and position of the gill (including fin position, mouth, and body).....my piece lost pace in the back not keeping up with the habitat composition I portrayed from the front. Relayed to me that at the Masters level, the nit-picky stuff is judged more critically. LESSON learned and I will carry that into next years comp. And that, to me, is why I compete. To keep learning and improving.............

Btw, very glad to hear you are doing better Rick.....maybe see you at next years comp.

13. den007

den007 Active Member

Awesome job Brian, and congratulations! I would comment any more on the obvious quality of the fish, but would also mention that, your piece of wood really adds to the piece. That is one slick chunk of wood. I never tire of collecting nice wood for mounts.