1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Archie Phillips fish blanks

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by shawn9106, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Jim Bruegeman

Jim Bruegeman New Member

Are they even in business anymore I have called text everything no answer

2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Still in business

3. Jim Bruegeman

Jim Bruegeman New Member

Well they must not be doing very good, you can't even get connected to them. Oh well I will take my 3 fish somewhere else. Thank you jim

Frank E. Kotula likes this.
  4. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Trust me there are way more better fish folks out than them !!!

Kerby Ross and Beltonbanger like this.
  5. Jim Bruegeman

Jim Bruegeman New Member

Thank you, I am realizing that now. I have been in Taxidermy for 30 years but really never mastered fish, so I did my own yesterday and I believe mine is already better. I should have known since I had to repaint there's in 1 year

rogerswildlife and swampfox2 like this.
  6. swampfox2

swampfox2 Well-Known Member

I never had them mount one for me because I didn't like the color scheme for one thing. Bless his heart, ole Archie did a bunch of them.

7. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

There has not been a new production on their blanks in probably 25 years. They require a lot of time and work. But...if you've got the time, talent, and patience, they are the most economical blanks on the market. I've used them on and off for years. For commercial work, I can please a customer with them and make money. If you are a stickler for detail, they ain't yo' thing.

swampfox2 likes this.
  8. swampfox2

swampfox2 Well-Known Member

If you can please your customers with them that's what counts in commercial taxidermy. I only used his fish forms once, and decided to try the Tom Sexton forms when they came out. After that I never looked back. I did some on a soft spongy form I believe WASCO offered at one time just to try them out and a few on Matt Thompson' as well. If I find a form I want to run with and it is higher than my previous form I will increase my price on the mount to cover it.

rogerswildlife and joeym like this.
  9. Jim Bruegeman

Jim Bruegeman New Member

As I said in my last review, maybe it was my fate to complete my own, I have finished 5 jumbo perch forms from Dan Reinhart any they are fantastic.