1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ April Addition 2014!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ April Addition 2014!!!!!!!

A very warm greeting from somewhere in Minnesota! Spring is here and one day the rest of the country will thaw out as well.

I’ll hope to see you this year at some of the Cool shows I’ll be Judging and a sharing some fun with a seminar or two! The Minnesota Taxidermy Guild (MTG) show will be the first of the month I’ll be attending which is April 3-6, and then off to the Wyoming association show, which is April 10-12 I hope to see you here!

Again want to commend all of you, as there are so many original contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from over 5 years! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of April with Mr. Tim Gorenchan of MI, Over the past 2 years now we have had a little contest on the Anglers Artistry site and each month you vote on who has a cool fish for fun an some prizes too! I want to share this past months winning entry with you!

Please enjoy the month of April and the inspiring fish photos supplies by all the great fishheads from all over the world! Have a great month!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in May!!!

So here we go and here is to a great April and a great Month in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon in my travels and be good to one another!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Here is Tim Gorenchan of MI very Cool Pink Salmon!

[​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry

2. Sorry for the bad/fussy phone pic.

Every year I donate a large piece to my local Costal Conservation Association. Here is 2014's piece.

It is a wall hanging base with three Redfish(AKA Red Drum). They are 40",42" & 43" blanks from original molds and cast made in my shop.
    This years piece raised $3250.00 at the auction.

[​IMG]

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. Here are a couple I recently completed, thanks to Rick for his great video library,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Some of the last fish out of my shop (at least for a while). For the first time in 40 years, with a little coaxing from my wife am taking a much deserved summer off. 8)

Attached Files:

5. A big Lake Country blank.

Attached Files:

6. Some custom molded Bluegills.

Attached Files:

7. And a couple Rich Benedict blanks.

Attached Files:

8. Wow! Some really great looking fish...Been away too long!

9. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Awesome work guys !! Glad your doing well Rick ! My first bluegill repo .

Attached Files:

10. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Nice work all.

Lake country smallie and arp 3d large mouth. Both finished 360 for coffee table piece. Customer picked up and was happy as he wrote out check. So I'm thrilled.

[​IMG]

11. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Nice work guys.......Outstanding Salmon Tim.....Beautiful piece.........

12. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

cool fish so far.

a fish on a stick for me.

9lb bass reproduction

Jimmy

Attached Files:

13. diggitydave1

diggitydave1 Taxidermy and Golf, both will drive you Crazy!

Hey Rick, I look forward to your seminor in NC this year at the NCTA show in july/august. Idont really like fish but find that mounting fish is some of the best taxidermy work i do. So I look forward to having you judge my mounts. And i will try to get some pictures on here soon.

14. gnccracer291

gnccracer291 New Member

Very nice fish guys!!!

15. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

Another great start to the month. Here is a Lake Country Grayling that I took to the WV show.

[​IMG]

16. Here are a few that I finished up recently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Competed in PA and Ohio with this fish in the Pro division and got blues at both shows and Best of Categories at both. Also took the Polytranspar award at Ohio

Attached Files:

18. topnotch

topnotch Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This fish was caught in the 70s

restoration before and after

19. Steve.J

Steve.J Member

This is a project I took on for a buddy that mentioned he would like a Steelhead shoulder mount. At first I had no idea how to begin, so I started with a foam mannequin from Research Mannequins along with one of their Steelhead heads. After cutting the foam down to fit, I coated it with Bondo and Resin as the skin and sanded it smooth. Then I painstakingly drew and carved each scale in by hand. Added some paint and this is how it ended up.

-Steve
    Puyallup, WA

Attached Files:

20. Steve.J

Steve.J Member

A couple more angles....

Attached Files: