1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First attempt at flat art

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by [email protected], Apr 1, 2014.

1. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

This was my first attempt at flat art. I am looking for some honest critiques so that I can improve on the next one. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

I think it looks great. What medium was used and what size is it?

3. aspenangler@hotmail.com

Thank you very much Jon S. It was done with an airbrush and some powders and measures 8x12

4. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Great work with an airbrush. My only critique would be to show some reflection on the eye, to give it less of a black hole look, and maybe some more shading around the mouth interior to give some depth.

5. Paul I

Paul I New Member

I like the direction your going.Awesome start.

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Looks nice .... what is .......

Looks nice! What material (canvass) is it painted on?

:)

Kerby...

7. aspenangler@hotmail.com

@ Jon S - Thanks again. I see what you are saying about the eye, and I am not happy with the mouth at all. It just looks boring pink. I will see if I cant add a little more depth.

@ DZach - primarily createx airbrush paint as well as woods & water and polytranspar....lol. All water based

@ Kerby Ross - Thank you. It is on a cheap canvas purchased from Crafts2000. I don't know what type if there are different ones :/

8. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

WTH?

9. jarygaricke

jarygaricke New Member

The overall appearance of the artwork seems good and it is also first attempt to you. Now-a-days, Many online courses are available to learn it and more helpful to gain best art work experience.

nature wallpaper for desktop