1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

N.E.A.T. Show June 6th-8th 2014 Enfield, CT

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Matt Marulli, Apr 2, 2014.

1. The New England Association of Taxidermists show is fast approaching! Don't miss your opportunity to be part of one of the friendliest and family fun shows on the east coast. We have a great lineup of judges for you this year with Frank Kotula judging Fish, Fred Barilla judging Birds and Mammals and Bryan Eppley judging Deer. I don't know about you but I wish I had time to put a piece together for each one of them to judge. So whether you are the greenest of beginners or a well seasoned taxidermist, the N.E.A.T has something for you.

Check out our new website at www.newenglandtaxidermists.org and also on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/369450937077/

For those that are attending and need to fly in, Bradley Int. Airport is only 15 miles from the Hotel. The Hotel also provides a free shuttle service to and from the airport.

Some local area attractions that you may want to visit while attending.
    Enfield Square Shopping 2.3 miles away http://www.shopenfieldmall.com/
    Basketball Hall of Fame 6.3 miles away http://www.hoophall.com/
    Six Flags New England 7.4 miles away https://www.sixflags.com/newengland
    Yankee Candle Flagship Store 36 miles away http://www.yankeecandle.com/about-yankee-candle/visit-our-flagship-stores/t
    Holyoke Mall 13.8 miles away http://www.holyokemall.com/

So far we have several vendors attending including,
    McKenzie
    Tohickon
    OTS
    White Mountain Insect Repellent
    Bruce Rittel
    Bill's Bear Rugs
    Heads of State
    ...more updates to follow.​

A note to all Vendors The N.E.A.T. does not charge for booth space, if you are interested in attending please contact us, we would love to have you.

The schedule for this years show is as follows. (Changes may be made without notice)

Friday, June 6th:

8AM – 5PM Registration and competition pieces received and checked in.
    **NO MOUNTS RECEIVED AFTER 5PM FRIDAY**

9AM – Ongoing all weekend. Seminar #1: Dave Whitney – Large Lifesize, member participation welcome.

10:00AM – 1PM Supply area open.

12:30PM – 2:30PM Seminar #2: Brian Noody – Skin Mount Fish

3:00PM – 5:00PM Seminar #3: Bruce Rittel – Tanning Basics for the Beginner

5:00PM – 5:30PM Competition Room opens for viewing and voting for McKenzie
    Taxidermists Award (4), People Choice Award, Artisan and Old Timers Award.

6:00PM – 8PM Seminar #4: John Janelli, History

6PM - ?? Judging begins – Competition Room will be closed.

8PM – 11PM NEATZA Party! – Networking with fellow taxidermist
    Have a snack, ask questions or just have a good time!!
    Bring items to swap or sell.

Saturday, June 8th:

9:00AM – 11:00AM Seminar #5: Fred Barilla - Bird Mounting, Speciman TBD

9AM – 3:30PM Supply area open – Ongoing seminars.

11:30AM – 1:30PM Seminar #6: Bryan Eppley – Whitetail Reference.

1:30PM Competition Room will open for viewing ribbons and critiques.

3:00PM – 5:00PM Seminar #8: Frank Kotula - Casting

3:30PM – 5:00PM Break down supply area and set up for Banquet and Awards Ceremony
    (*** any and all members help during this time is greatly appreciated ***)

6PM – 6:30PM Cocktail Hour with ‘CASH’ bar

6:30PM - ?? Dinner Banquet - Awards Ceremony - Auction.

Sunday, June 9th:
    9:00 - ?? Membership Meeting - **It is very important that everyone attend** Voting for new officers, evaluate the show, new and old business, ideas and/or suggestions
    for next year including fundraising, suppliers, judges, etc…

2. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Save me a table. I'll have insect repellent for sale and I will have my MOUNT SPRAY that saves animal and bird mounts.

Jean Lavallee
    White Mountain Insect Repellent

3. You go it Jean. See you there.

Matt

4. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Where do I find hotel info.Went to your site and couldnt find anything

5. Thanks for pointing that out. It is included in the latest newsletter on the site. I will be having it added to the events page under the annual convention tab. But here it is for now.

The Holiday Inn in Enfield, CT
    ONE BRIGHT MEADOW BLVD.
    1-860-741-2211
    $92 per night

6. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Thanks Matt.Im hoping on making it

7. gobbl4me

gobbl4me New Member

Looking forward to it! For those of you that have never been to the N.E.A.T. show, you dont know what your missing! Great time and great people , they do a great job! Cant wait to see everyone! Bill D.

8. Art I hope you make it. We can keep the shenanigans going.

9. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Thats what she said Steve!LOL

10. bnoody

bnoody Member

Looking forward to seeing everyone, it's always a great show with top notch judges. I cant believe it is only a couple months away already, I guess I should get started!

Hey Artie, I got the web page updated with the additional convention details late yesterday afternoon. Everyone should be able to find all the information they need on the webpage now. Let me know if there is anything additional you guys would like to see posted.

Bri

11. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Thanks Brian!

12. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

How about the registration info/form?

13. bnoody

bnoody Member

Hey Artie,

I just put the updated registration form at the bottom of the Annual Convention page, you should be able to access it now.

Regards,

Bri

14. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

sweet thanks!

15. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SHOW ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH GREAT PEOPLE

16. Hear say has it that an old bird taxidermists may be putting together something for this show !!!! This is a GREAT show people, make show to attend.

Gregg

17. bnoody

bnoody Member

Wanted to give everyone an update on the show that I was very excited to hear.

The Board of Directors has decided to begin using the score sheets that the World Show and the NTA now use. If you have not seen these score sheets, they are a major improvement over any sheet I have seen before. They have excellent diagrams making it easy for the judge to show the competitor what they are trying to convey and they remove a lot of the ambiguity and redundancy I have seen on many other score sheets. A taxidermy competition is always a subjective opinion, but I think these sheets do the best job of making it as objective as possible placing everyone on a level playing field.

18. Thanks Brian. I am looking forward to seeing them at the show this year and hopefully everyone else is as excited as we are. This is a big step forward for the N.E.A.T and its members. See you all soon!

Matt