1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UTA AUCTION: WITH JIM KIMBALL AND BRENDA DUVALL

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by skiver, Apr 2, 2014.

1. skiver

skiver New Member

The UTA is pleased to offer a 3 day seminar with Jim Kimball and Brenda Duvall at their studio in Medford Wisconsin.This is a awesome opportunity to sharpen your skills with two very accomplished taxidermists . Jim and Brenda judge many taxidermy conventions each season and their eye for detail is second to none. You can check out their work and studio on line at www.thesafariroom.com

You can tailor this class to whatever you want , birds or mammals. Pick one or both and spend 3 days working on the pieces with Jim and Brenda.

Lodging and meals are included- i can say from first hand experience you will not go hungry, Brenda is a amazing cook!

Husband and wives are welcome.

Details of what you would like to work on can be arranged with Jim and Brenda at end of auction.

This auction will run from now until Thursday April 10th at 3:30 pm est.

Dont forget about the UTA convention in North Platte Nebraska May 1st- 4th, hope to see you there!

Thank You and good luck bidding
    Dave Peters
    UTA
    We Stand Together

2. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    I will start the bidding at $250

3. red oak

red oak New Member

4. skiver

skiver New Member

Thanks for the bids thus far, remember bids will be accepted until next Thursday. Dont miss out on this awesome oppotunity!
    Thanks,
    Dave Peters
    UTA

5. Is it next Thursday or May 10th as posted in original post?

6. skiver

skiver New Member

Sorry i was a month behind! the auction ends THIS Theursday April 10th.
    Dave

7. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Dave why not keep the bids you have and use it as a starting point at the convention? Just saying you have bids don't throw them away.

8. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Well that was a stupid way to do this. Have you guys actually ever had an auction ? (lol) Taxi net would have been the easiest way to do it. Each bid would be time stamped and you could see what the bid was. The whole purpose of an auction is to know what others are bidding and go higher if you want it. I have never heard of a two part auction......"ok we have all the bids from the first group and now that they are not here we are going to tell the second group the bids and you can beat it by the minimum raise to win it....and the original folks can't bid as they are not at the convention.......You may as well just tell the convention bidders there is a $1000.000 bid and that will get someone to go $1050.00..............are you aware how eBay works ? I am sure the audience here is larger than the convention attendance........................ 615 views already and its only Monday. I already had my phone alarm set to bid at 3:28 on Thursday. I love Brenda's work and was really looking forward to buying it. Wow.............................

9. skiver

skiver New Member

ok guys i am sorry for all the confusion on this auction, this auction started on this site and after thinking it thru better should end here.

Red oak- we really appreciate the bid and if you would like to keep it let me know, sorry for the mix up should have just kept it the way we had it , i am at fault for trying to make to much happen.

there will be plenty of other seminars at the expo to bid on live.

One again this Auction will run till April 10th at 3:30 est.

Thanks guys for your input!
    Dave Peters
    UTA

10. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

$750.00

11. skiver

skiver New Member

Final Day to bid!. We will end this auction at 3:30 est today. Thanks for all the bids thus far , this should be a great seminar and nchance to brush up on your bird or mammal taxidermy, the choice is yours! Good luck!!

12. red oak

red oak New Member

13. skiver

skiver New Member

just under 3hrs to go on bidding

14. Roger

Roger Member

$1250.00

15. skiver

skiver New Member

just over a hour to go, great bids so far, thank you everyone! we will take the last bid submitted before 3:30 est, bidding closes at 3:30 sharp.
    Good Luck,
    Dave Peters
    UTA

16. 10PTBUCK

10PTBUCK Member

wi

17. skiver

skiver New Member

Congrats 10PTBUCK! excellent seminar you have won. Thank you very much for all the bids.

10PTBUCK- i will pm you all the information you will need.

Thanks again to everyone for supporting the UTA and hope to see you at the convention!
    Dave Peters
    UTA
    We Stand Together

18. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Now see...that worked out fine...............