1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Well here she is, my 4th Yote...

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Jena, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Jena

Jena Member

Not the best day for photos, I don't like the lighting....But, Oh well. This is my 4th yote and I entered in the pro division for the first time, I got a second with it. Pretty happy, That's what I had hoped for since I knew it had a lot of issues lol. Any other critiques are welcome as well though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Very nice job Jena. I'm just being picky now because I like the mount.

1. It looks like an artificial nose. It looks a bit oversized and "prominent".

2. The back looks as if the hide hasn't been evenly stretched. There's an almost imperceptible " hump" there.

3. A canid has two small muscles located slightly over the eye under those black swatches over its eyebrow. By adding them and making the visible, you can enhance the expressions.

You did a very nice job.

3. Mark in IL

Mark in IL New Member

George says - 3. A candid has two small muscles located slightly over the eye under those black swatches over its eyebrow. By adding them and making the visible, you can enhance the expressions.

Yes! Always add some clay there and above the eye. You can do wonders in expression with that.

Also - If that is an artificial nose (Like George says - It looks like it), Please don't be afraid of using the real nose. Once you do a couple they are not that hard to skin out and prep for mounting. Use a little expoy skulpt and it will look fine. I use the artificial nose for reference when doing the minimal epoxy work on the real nose.

4. diggitydave1

diggitydave1 Taxidermy and Golf, both will drive you Crazy!

great looking yote Jena, I had a full mount done before I got into taxidermy, and I been thinking of touching it up. It need some work. I have a black one. Keep up the good work.