1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Horned animal, Corsican Ram...Critiques Welcomed

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Jena, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Jena

Jena Member

Well this is the first thing I've done out of the norm...I've only ever done Deer, a Red Fox, and Coyotes. Definitely don't really care if I get another one of these lol. This one was killed on some game ranch in Ohio in the middle of Summer, so the coat isn't all that great on it....But, anyways here's my first Ram.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks great Jenna!!! Keep up the good work

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You're doing some beautiful work.PERSONALLY I tip my horns forward just a bit. Yours are probably anatomically accurate, but the tipping embellishes the appearance IN MY OPINION.

4. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Hi Jena, that is a very clean looking mount your customer should be pretty happy with your efforts putting that one together. Keep up the good work!

5. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Just missing the bleat! Looks great. Are the ears bondo? Look nice and crisp.

6. Jena

Jena Member

Yes, they are indeed bondo ears......not a fan of liners lol

7. Harvestmoontaxi

Harvestmoontaxi Lake of the woods walleyes

Nice!!!

8. silverbuck

silverbuck New Member

Nice eye work also,nice mount !!!

9. point75

point75 Member

Very impressive. Not the easiest critter to mount. Nice clean work around the eyes and nostrils. The transition from hair to the base of the horns is also very clean.

10. diggitydave1

diggitydave1 Taxidermy and Golf, both will drive you Crazy!

Looks really good, nice job

11. juli

juli Active Member

beautiful mount! I just got done mounting/finishing my fourth ever deer...and today I wet up the muzzle so I could fix the nostrils. I most often mount animals without horns or antlers in 14 yrs I can think of less then 7 'ungulates' that I've mounted. :) It is fun to do something different!

I am know I am not the best person to give a suggestion, gvien my lack of experience with such animals, but perhaps the back of the eyelid should not be so 'plump'? It is hard to tell from the two dimmensional pix. :)

Oh, and I don't see how people use liners, bondo ears are not hard to complete and if done correctly, never give a problem.

Juli

12. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Nicely done! Looks great!

13. Impressive for any experience level. VERY nice job!

14. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

if this is your first I can't wait to see your work years down the road....very nice clean mount with good attention to detail..

15. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Great job buddy...

Best, Steve

16. Jena

Jena Member

Thanks all! These things are pretty easy to mount really other than the 5million holes I put in it with the shaver lol, not quite as thick as a deer cape. And the fact that it took forever for the horns to pop off.

17. very nice