1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Black Coyote Back

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Boudreaux, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux New Member

I posted on here about a year ago trying to find a good taxidermist for a black coyote that I had caught. After getting a lot of replies and recommendations, I went with Matt, from Wildlife by Design. I am sure glad that I did! He did a heck of a job on her, she's not the biggest coyote ever but she had some great color and fur for being a eastern dog. Thanks a lot Matt!! What do you guys think??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Boswell

2. silverbuck

silverbuck New Member

Very nice,love the color !!!

3. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

You have a one of a kind animal, mounted on a cookie cutter form. I would've like to seen a more creative piece done with this rare specimen.

4. glennbear6

glennbear6 New Member

Beautiful coyote, love the colors! Well done on the mount too !

5. justin_b

justin_b Just sayin...

WI
    Matt did an excellent job on that one! I would add that it's not so much the form that's used, but the talent of the taxidermist that makes or breaks a mount. In this case you picked the right guy..nice!

6. Gorgeous mount! Love the pose.

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Cmon, thats no more cookie cutter then it is rare, thats not a nice comment for here. Sure, its a beautiful color phase we taxidermists see now and then, and a popular form too...but to this customer, its his one of a kind coyote done in a pose he feels is unique to him, too. Congrats, nice piece, and nice job Matt.

8. That's a beautiful coyote with an excellent mount and display. I love the focused look. Thanks for sharing.

9. MBA Taxidermy

MBA Taxidermy Member

Wow, beautiful coloring and fur, and great mount. I like the pose and everything about this piece.

10. Like what?

11. Great work.

12. Slate Run

Slate Run Member

x2 You picked the right guy to do that mount. Nice coyote and nice mount Matt as usual

13. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

Very nice! Congrats to both

14. Boudreaux

Boudreaux New Member

Due to living space and requirements the base and pose was selected by me to fit the needs that I needed. Yes, a more creative pose was discussed but it was decided that it would not work for my situation.

Thanks,
    Boswell

15. I'm so glad you posted this up!! I've been wanting to see it! As a coyote hunter it's a beautiful realistic pose. I have a coyote nearly that color. Mine has a bit more silver. I am planning on using the same form. It's a great coyote pose! To me it's not whether you use a commercial form or alter its if that pose suits the animals character. That is perfect for a hunting coyote. I've killed dozens coming in a field to mouse just like that. My only other pose I really like is pouncing. It's all about knowing the animal. The base is also beautiful! To me you can't beat barnwood!

Excellent job Matt!

16. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

NAILED IT!

17. northernmontana

northernmontana Active Member

Very nice.

18. Jasons Taxidermy

Jasons Taxidermy Member

excellent stare Matt

19. TheFianna

TheFianna New Member

Looks excellent!

20. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

I absolutely love the mount. I have seen them sneaking like that. Great choice going with Matt!