1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Had an interview with a photographer..(pic heavy)

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AMCTaxi, Apr 6, 2014.

1. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

Several months ago when I was living in Jersey City, I received a request from a New York City photographer named Jacobia Dahm, who was doing a series on people with careers "outside the box." She asked if I would be interested in letting her photograph me and talk a little. I was one of the few people close enough to NYC who did taxidermy and she was very excited and we agreed on a day for a photo shoot. She was a busy woman, with a busy schedule, so I only spent an hour or two with her, but it was an amazing experience. We talked about the history of taxidermy, where it is going, where it has been and how techniques have changed over the decades. I was working on a wholesale fox mount at the time and she took some really amazing photographs while I plugged away. This was the first time I had ever done anything like this and had a professional photographer take photos with me. I encourage anyone who may get a chance like this to take it. It really makes you feel good inside when someone is impressed enough by your knowledge and work to sit down and make a record of it. More of her work can be seen on her website, www.jacobiadahm.com.

Below are some of the photos she took that day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Great opportunity.
    Ralph

3. joeym