1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Opinions for articulation, tail of a tiger

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Skullery, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Hi. In the process of doing my second articulation. Last year I did a male African lion. So I used my favorite pose for that one and trying to comie up with another idea for a Bengal tiger , of which i have a good start on. The head this time will be looking straight forward and straight up as possible with the mouth wide open. as if he were barking at the moon so to speak. Now, my question is the tail. Would it look right if I also had the tail going up as much as possible and still looking natural. In my mind I see pictures of lions marking their territory with the tail up as they spray. I assume that would be true also with the tiger. I don't have any pictures to go by and there isn't alot. Do you think this is a good idea, don't want to get it all together and realize I screwed up so asking for opions now. What would be another choice of tail position that would work also. The skull is not getting changed anymore at this point. Thanks for your input. All four feet will be on the ground, I am not that much into the real aggressive , claws flying type of thing. Ideas, possiblilties. Thanks again. Skullery...Jeff. A picture of my lion pose is on my website home page and several more on the gallery page if you are curious to see.