1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tiger....law

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Skullery, Apr 7, 2014.

1. I just made a post about tiger articulation and remembered one question I have wondered about for awhile. I know with a tiger, such as I have it was born , raised and died all within the state of wisconsin so I know I am legal with documentation to back. I know it is against the law to sell across state lines. Does this state line thing apply to me personally. Say for example in five or ten years from now I decide I want to move to another state, can i take the articulated tiger with me or do I need to unload it to someone in wi. Actually I am open to selling the tiger {resident of wi only with three forms of I. D., don't waste my time if you don't have that.} and also the lion which is a zoo animal from wi. also but can be sold across state lines. I mention these are for sale in case some of you taxis have a high end client that is looking for something different. There is nothing like this on the internet or google search so a rare item indeed. Thanks for the input. Skullery...Jeff Pictures of the lion I did last year are on my website homepage and additonal pics of it on my gallery page is curious.

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I have researched this due to my marine mammal and reptile specimens. There are permits and paperwork you can fill out from the Feds. It will document your collection and you will be able to move with it.

3. Thanks so much Seawolf, I thought you might have something to say about this. For one I am not planning on moving, but just wondered what would happen if something came up and I wanted to. My first thought was the feds would not let me move with it , so your words are encouraging. I definately would document if I did. Hopefully I can sell some of these since I have a coupe more I can articulate to replace them. Thanks again Seawolf, you are always so helpful !!! Skullery....Jeff

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

It's a pain ... everything has to be photographed from what I was told. I can see that for something like a tiger skin, which can be identified by the stripe pattern but skulls are skulls for the most part. :)