1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Semi sneak Elk form height dimentions?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Mthunter, Apr 7, 2014.

1. I have an elk to mount for a guy and he had me swing by his place of buisness to see if I think the bull will fit where he wants it. I have five vertical feel to work with. I don't have any forms laying around and before I order would like to get a rough measurement of the height of a standard everyday semi sneak form. I know it will depend on size of horns but if anyone has a form laying around and can give me a rough measure ment of the height that would be great, thanks for any help.

2. point75

point75 Active Member

I just completed an elk that was 5'6" from brisket to the top of his G4. It's an incredibly large bull in body and horns. My guess is the average bull on a semi-sneak would be less than 5'.

3. My bull I am very close to 6' of height on a McKenzie SS and very long 5th points. He's got a big body as well, and from tip of antler to brisket I'm right close to the 6' mark but just under.

Thats for a giant Alberta prairie elk and a 360" set of antlers

4. I always call Mckenzie and one of their shop guys will call me back about an hour later with the dimensions on any specific form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks for the replies. This is a small bull no bigger than the 260's. I will try calling the manufacture for info as suggested. Thanks again.

6. Jimmy Rimrock

Jimmy Rimrock Yeah, they come to snuff the rooster

It will fit, I have a 320 bull on a Mckenzie SS in my shop right now that is 5 feet brisket to G4. End of main beams just off the wall. Obviously, you are going to set your horns and then make sure it fits.....right ?!?

7. Wow! That was a really cool topic, Keep up the good work! Here at Taxidermy Studio in Lincoln, We’re now offering a variety of services to the people of Lincoln, NE, Lincoln Taxidermy Studio can work with all animals, aesthetics, stylistic choices, and price points.